“Great people”

Alfonso's Hideaway
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Coarsegold
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Family owned , friendly, food and drinks are great, We loved it, great location. homemade food, Karioki , bar inside

Reviewed 26 October 2016

On Highway 41 45 min from the south entrance to Yosemite this is a jewel. I highly suggest you stop for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. Real Avocado, the salsa is made with fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro garlic. YUMMY. Anything on the menu is fantastic. Rancheros sauce.The atmosphere takes me to the little places I would see off the beaten track in Mexico. Excellent service and deserts that will send you over the moon!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

What a little gem this restaurant is. The staff were warm and friendly as soon as we arrived. The lady Norleen helped my husband choose what to eat. Her recommendation was delicious. We had drinks too I had a Margarita which was gorgeous. The service was first class they even let us plug our mobile phone in to charge it. Some of the best food we have eaten in America have been the small little restaurants in quiet towns. Go find these places I'm sure they won't disappoint you.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This is a Mexican food restaurant that served good Mexican food. It was recommended to us by 2 different persons from the local area. We were promptly seated and our drink order taken. All meals come with chips and salsa. I had the Carnitas and they were some of the best I have had. Awesome. The others in our party had enchiladas and tacos. Everyone was very happy with there meal and we all left stuffed. The service was very good also. This is very good Mexican food and I would eat here again. If in Coarsegold, I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

The positive reviews outweighed the negatives, so I thought it couldn't be that bad. This was the worst Mexican food EVER. My daughter was wise and chose the BLT, which she said was ok. Hubby and I however, could not digest our enchiladas rice and beans.