“A Great Find”
Review of Wild Fig Kitchen

Wild Fig Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Coarsegold
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I'd do 4.5 stars if possible.

They serve breakfast and lunch. My daughter and I have eaten here several times for lunch- nice selection of salads and sandwiches. There is nice dining outside when the weather is OK. We've enjoyed eating outside each time (under a fig tree!) - for lunch and breakfast alike. There is also inside dining.

Salads are nice - as are the sandwiches.

We also have had breakfast here - a selection of eggs, quiche, and biscuits and gravy; and if you get pancakes, you get REAL maple syrup (NOT "maple flavored breakfast cereal). I had decided on the quiche until I saw someone else get the biscuits and gravy. My order quickly changed to that! (and . .good thing, they had run out of quiche!)

I had seen a pic posted of eggs benedict - they are not on the weekday menu, so . . .maybe that's a Sunday brunch option???

I do like biscuits - but as a biscuit with honey and butter typically - and a good biscuit is HARD to find.

Well, this biscuits and gravy I could eat any day - any time of the day. As another reviewer shared, it is made with chicken, leeks, and peas (and gravy.) It was outstanding and super huge serving. I took 1/2 of it home w/me. There was SOOOO much chicken in it! I could see the same mixture going into a ramekin and having a biscuit on the top - for chicken pot pie!

We were a party of 3 - and none of us cared for the coffee. We have had coffee from the same coffee company and liked it a lot; maybe the Wild Fig had a different blend? (hence 4 or 4.5 stars)

Do plan on a relaxed visit - they are a new place and not a lot of servers. I've enjoyed relaxed. On one visit we did have to hurry (the other person needed to get back to see patients). They suggested soup or salad for quicker food prep and brought us the bill before we were done - so we could pay and leave as needed. Thoughtful.

Looking forward to going back often when in Coarsegold.