All reviews the cleaning crew several miles comfortable beds waffle station breakfast included microwave and small fridge bagels breakfast staff sausage fine hotel third floor one night stay easy access blackout curtains small pool four nights nice bathroom
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have stayed here once or twice a year for the past 3 years. The rooms are clean and nice. Bathrooms are too. Nice big mirrors. Rooms have fridges and microwaves. Haven't had a problem with noise. The staff is very nice. I really like the customer service. There is a free breakfast every morning with nice make it yourself waffles, eggs scrambled and boiled, sausage, breads of all kinds, pastries, cereal, juices, fruit, etc. They have a nice conference room that I have used. It's my go-to hotel for the Clovis/Fresno area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had two Queen beds. I prefer King, but they only offered King with a sofa bed. That being said, the room was clean and comfortable. Another sitting chair would be helpful. The restroom door opens into the path of the room door and I prefer the sink outside the room so one can get ready while another is in the restroom. Again, the restroom was clean and roomy. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was extremely quiet. The buffet breakfast was attractive and offered several choices both hot and cold. We did not have time to use the pool but I did notice that it was an outside pool. We stayed four nights while visiting the National Parks and we were very pleased. Old Town Clovis is quite close and has some very unique shops. It was refreshing to see the manager meeting with staff and explaining ways to make the guests feel well served.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Good hotel for a long stay in the Fresno/Clovis area. Service was good; room was clean though fairly small; good breakfast choices; overall pretty quiet. Very convenient to shopping and some restaurants nearby -- also to Old Town Clovis. The one negative was the quality of the beds; definitely old mattresses -- sagged and groaned when anyone sat on them or slept in them.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I was attending a 4-day conference in Fresno and am glad to have picked the Fairfield. It turned out to be right across the street from the conference, which was held at the California Health Sciences Institute.

The days I was there, the temperature reach 105-107 every day but the last day, which restricted outdoor activities. The rail trail runs right behind the hotel, but it was just too hot to take a trek. Interestingly, most of the rail train is tree-lined.

The hotel only barely cooled off the lobby and the hallways. The elevator was even warmer on my way up to the room. However, it was a real treat to come into the room and find it pleasantly cool, almost cold.

The bed was comfortable. There was a little desk where you could work with a comfy chair. The decor was pleasant and relatively new.

The bathroom was clean, though the tile on the floors was rather downscale. The shower-tub was standard but had excellent water pressure. The sink was surrounded by a marble counter top that had a coffee maker on one side. The soaps and shampoo were good, but nothing fancy. The coffee was pretty good. But, I wish they'd have had real cream instead of that powdered stuff.

I had the free breakfast twice. They had scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, hard boiled eggs, breads and bagel, hot and cold cereal, juice and milk. The coffee was pretty good and they had to go cups. Overall, the breakfast was good.

The motel was a little pricey at about $180 per night. The location was perfect for my stay. The desk staff were pleasant and the hotel was well run. The cleaning crew were efficient and good. Overall it was a very good experience, though not quite excellent.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We enjoyed our stay in this newer Fairfield Inn.....smaller room, but comfortable.
Very clean and well run, with a very friendly staff.....Special thanks to Tyler ! !
He suggested a great place for Mexican food at Bobby Salazar's and we had a
great meal. It was Friday night and the place was jammed.....they had us seated
in less than 10 minutes. So....thank you Tyler. We also enjoyed the hot breakfast they serve every morning.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family