“Good food and service”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #15 of 185 Restaurants in Citrus Heights
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: While Citrus Heights may not be the largest city around, we sure do make an impact! One way that Black Bear Diner helps the city differentiate itself from others is by providing residents with a happy-go-lucky place to visit where family, friends, and co-workers can gather for a delicious meal throughout the day. Visit our restaurant once and we’re sure to become a regular stop.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd time here. The food is great. The service is good but the wait is bad. I take my elderly mom here on Sunday morning about 9am and it’s packed. There is a wait. Breakfast is great. They do home made potatoes with the breakfasts that are great. The French toast is awesome.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Arrived around the same time as last visit. Same small group of folks there. Service was once again prompt and friendly. Water and coffee refills were much more forthcoming this time. A pleasant change. The meal arrived sooner than last time and that was also a pleasant change. I went with the Shasta scramble and it was very good. Hot through out, and very tasty. Chose hash browns this time, and I liked them better, but fore some reason potatoes just don't stay hot. Still, better than the cubed version. So, all in all, an improvement. I will be back for a third round and update at that time.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

New place in town, just opened a few weeks ago. Nice and clean as you'd expect for a new place. We chose breakfast as our first meal there. Went in at 7AM, staff is prompt and friendly. Coffee and water upon request. There seemed to be a bit more waiting around than you'd expect with very few patrons (folks started showing up around 8am). Ordered the Denver Omelet and red potatoes (vs traditionally cooked hash browns). Took WAY to long to get our food. No one there, and we waited 15 or so minutes. On top of that, my omelet was not as hot as I'd prefer. The ham and veggies were also not as hot as I'd hoped, nor were all the red potatoes fully cooked. My gal's meal was two eggs over easy with bacon and hash browns. Her hash browns were better, but still not as hot as I'd expect when I tasted them. Lack of urgency on the part of the cooks is my perception. The meal was $10 more than it was worth to me. I'll give them two more visits and update when I have a more informed opinion of this particular Black Bear Diner.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Outstanding service and delicious breakfast! We ordered the Bacon Cakes (2 HUGE fluffy pancakes with bacon inside and 2 strips of cooked just right thick bacon plus syrup) and the Jr. merry Volcano (1 egg, 1 sausage, 1 Bacon, 3 pancakes plus syrup). Both were wonderful and I took half my bacon cakes home. Highly recommend! Cute bear decor as it is a chain.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The setting of this place is different than any of the Black Bear Diners that I have been to. It is near the confluence of Sunrise and Madison, two main arteries of the Sacramento region. Once inside, the restaurant also appears different than others as it seems smaller.

The food is the same great hardy portions, though ours seemed a tiny bit smaller than we have had at other BBDs. The staff were mostly friendly, attentive and helpful. However, contrary to our past experiences at their other eateries, this just did not seem to pass the threshold toward good or bad.