All reviews across the street sea shanty bagels kitchen area continental breakfast room was large king suite would definitely stay here again stayed for one night morro bay wet bar small refrigerator coffee maker within walking distance clean rooms nice breakfast hearst castle
Reviewed 18 June 2007

We had 4 rooms confirmed for our family traveling for my Husbands Daugher's Graduation From CalPoly SLO...and what a FANTASTIC Surprise the Beach Inn was. They were so accommodating to our needs, the expanded pastries, cereals, milk OJ, fresh fruit, coffee etc...was perfect. Our early check-in was honored.

Room #214: Room and a mini-fridge & microwave...double sinks very large and wood blinds for a beach/tropic feel. Walking distance to the beach and easy access to Highway 1.

We had a dinner party in Morro Bay, just 5 miles away...nice drive along the coast. Of course, foggy ..the norm for summer. But that was a relief, since we came for 100+ weather in the valley.

I would stay again...and will recommend the Cayucos Beach Inn in the future.

Date of stay: June 2007
5  Thank ktrmeadow
Reviewed 17 June 2007

This is one of the nicest motels I've stayed at. We have stayed here once a year while my daugher attended college in the area. They are dog friendly and we have always felt very welcome. The staff has always been courteous. The rooms and grounds were clean and reflected attention to detail to make our stay more comfortable. Location is great in a quiet town, one block from the beach and an easy commute to SLO. Continental breakfast so-so.

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank beast7
Reviewed 26 April 2007

I have not stayed in a hotel in cayucos in a while. I started looking and the Cayucos Beach Inn was one of the places that still had rooms left. The Lady at the front desk that took my reservations was very nice and help ful. But the gentlemen that way at the front desk was not so friendly. It was like I was bothering him by checking in. Not to impressed with that. The room was nice. The ground where very clean.Not sure if I would stay here again.....

Date of stay: April 2007
3  Thank centralcalifornia
Reviewed 11 April 2007

This is a great location. About a half mile town-walk to the beach. Restaurants and grocery store are much closer. Large, clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. Outdoor grills, small grassy lawn, picnic tables. They put out a nice muffin and coffee breakfast in the morning. Book the ocean view suite, it looks great. Main street is low traffic, so walking to restaurants and beach is no problem.

Date of stay: April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 16 May 2006

I have stayed here before and it was always very wonderful. A courteous staff and just lovely ameneties for our pet. The place also always looked impeccable. But, I realized that it must depend who is running the front deks at what time. We were in a downstairs room with a family of 4, 2 were young boys and it was very very noisy. They were just stomping around like boys do, from 6 am to midnite. So it was not very relaxing. Furthermore, my husband found a tick on himself and the next day I found one embedded in my skin. I was suspisious how my dog was so interested in the bedspread.... I should have known it was probably not laundered. They need a quality overhaul!

Date of stay: May 2006