“Went for the Carrot Cake.....”

Don & Sweet Sue's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2015

....and wasn't disappointed. This place has the most moist carrot cake I have even eaten. It doesn't even need frosting. And I don't usually like carrot cake. We were looking for a place to have a late breakfast today & remembered going to Don and Sweet Sue's a few years ago when in town. We remembered the cake and the decision was made.

I had a salad with avocado and fresh tortilla chips, made in their kitchen to order. It was really good. My husband had a 1 topping omelet. Everything was good. But again, try the carrot cake. They have other desserts but once I had the carrot cake, I couldn't bring myself to try any of them.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Tho the wait staff is excellent and the menu extensive, some of the meals just didn't measure up. If you ever wanted to dine in a doll house, this would be the spot. I know it is a favorite of the locals, but not a favorite of mine. It seemed the menu was overpriced and the food taste just so-so. After 3 tries, I probably won't go back again

Reviewed 7 August 2015

We went here in August, which even by locals is deemed "the worst time of year to come" to this part of California, Shoot, heat don't scare me. So we looked for a place, a special place to get breakfast before church. We were a little concerned that the place was packed, but they took is right on and we were served fairly quickly. The staff is great and from what I could tell none were of the younger generation 08^) but they were so polite and the food was awesome. I had the Denver Omelet it was as good as any I have ever had. They had seedless Blackberry Jam for the toast that was really very good. I can't say enough, this place rocked and we were able to get in, get breakfast and even get to church early.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Excellent omelettes big selection of all varieties are in store for you in this nice little restaurant fine. The prices are very reasonable and is super friendly. What are you waiting for go get yourself some breakfast!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I have been going to Don & Sweet Sue's for years. It is concveniently located and I alway know that I will get a good meal, hava good service and enjoy myself. I love the chili size. It is a hamburger with chili and cheese on it ( you can get onions too). The fries are good, the staff has been there for a long time and treat you like family. You get get a to-go cup of your soda or iced tea which is nice.