All reviews north location place to sleep quiet at night hbo washing laundry proximity
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Traveling prime time to Santa Barbara is pretty pricey ...I honestly only booked because it was all I could afford ...I was surprised by the cleanliness and impressed by the friendliness of the staff ...including cleaning crew ...If my travels bring me back this way ...I would stay here again .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Not the most expensive but certainly good enough double glazing helps. Looks fresh so it may have been recently refurbished.
Comfy but smallish bed good shower.
Laundry on site so washing is easy.
Helpful staff and a short walk to the beach and restaurants too

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I had only picked it because of the price and proximity to where I was going to be spending a good amount of time in Carpinteria. What I found shocked me as I had fairly low expectations based on staying at other Motel 6's in the past. This location was really very good. My room was quiet. The water was hot. The bed was clean. The TV had all the channels I could want. The price was very good for a March stay. The check-in and check-out were easy and done with friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the east side was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DB-Raw
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Okay, so about $63/night with AAA discount. Small room with a hard mattress, no coffee maker or microwave. Not very quiet at night, but full disclosure, there are a lot of workers in town right now due to the recent mudslides so the parking lot is full of dump trucks. It's a bed and a television with little else to speak of, but it is reasonably clean and no bed bugs, so there's that. Note that wifi is not free. If you decide to stay here I recommend requesting a second floor room facing the pool to avoid traffic noise and people walking around above you.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I stayed at this motel for work in early December. I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before and after staying at this Motel 6 I can say I have no desire to stay at a Motel 6 again. If however, you do stay at this motel make sure you request an upper level room and away from the main street. These rooms are paper thin and you can hear everything from your neighbors above, to the sides, and the main street entering the motel. My other biggest issue with this place, especially since I stayed here for work purposes, as the fee associated with the wifi. If I am going to pay any amount of money it should work considerably faster and more reliable than what was currently available. And this was just for checking emails. Had this internet option been free I most likely would have chalked it up to free internet, but to change for this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

The issue was resolved by the general manager with the guest.