“Excellent and great value”
Review of Teddy's By the Sea

Teddy's By the Sea
Ranked #20 of 81 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Description: Casual beach eatery in beautiful Carpinteria, CA.
Description: Casual beach eatery in beautiful Carpinteria, CA.
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Teddy’s by the sea on our recent holiday, it was really great. Party of 5, choices for adults and teens. My wife’s favourite salad of our vacation. I had the chicken sandwich excellent. We shared the oysters as an appetiser again these were excellent!

1  Thank Kingomorg

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Carpinteria has become one of our favorite places. It has the essence of vacation and is a short day trip from LA. It’s one of the only places where the shops and restaurants are a short walking distance from the beach so you can park anywhere and get to anywhere.

We wanted to try a restaurant we hadn’t been to and decided on Teddy’s. The hostess was super hospitable, friendly and welcoming. They have wonderful outdoor seating, which we partook in, but the inside is nice too. Like the town itself, Teddy’s just captures the essence of vacation.

The food was very good! The service was great. We were absolutely satisfied and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Teddy's replaced the first restaurant I had eaten at in Carpinteria. I was hopeful it was good, as it is close to my home and an easy walk. It has been open only a short time. Considering that, it has had a solid opening and should continue to get better. The service was a bit shaky in the beginning, but it has come around and the staff overall, is quite good.

The food is good. Nothing has wowed me, but with my limited diet, I do have enough options to keep coming back. I am partial to places with sweet potato fries. They have them and they are good.

My favorite dishes are the Teddy's Cobb without the cheese and the Chicken Breast Sandwich without the cheese and the bun with sweet potato fries.

I will keep going back.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The place is pricey, but everything around here is pricey. The food wasn’t bad. Crab cakes for her, shrimp and grits with chorizo for me. It ain’t real southern shrimp and grits, but it was ok. She said her crab cakes were alright but they came out cold.

There was a long wait for the appetizer (homemade chips) and another long wait for our meal. Minus one star for that.

The chips came with an amazing creamy caramelized onion-bacon dip. It was like dipping your chips into french onion soup, except better. Plus one star just for the dip.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I live in Carp- lucky me! Teddy’s is a new restaurant that I hope will stay. Stopped by with a friend and was thrilled with the food—and I’m a foodie. The crap cakes were delish and full of crab and the wedge salad was just what you want it to be. Sit out on the patio and enjoy the day.

2  Thank Susanloves2travel