“What did we pay for? ”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Others had a great experience, us not so much. Starting with: we were the first to be seated for lunch out on the patio, BUT we were the LAST to receive our food—huh? The waitress said she had placed our order on hold since my partner had a soup AND she forgot to tell the chef. OMG we were hungry.

We loved the lentil soup. But I’m here to tell you, they could have kept the rest of the meal in the kitchen (or garbage!) (see pics) To begin with, my partner ordered a Cobb salad. It came with mixed greens, half of which were rotted and yellow. It had chicken and way undercooked/raw bacon. I had a blackened salmon sandwich. Well I’m here to tell you, the salmon the shook out of the can was certainly canned and there was nothing blackened about it.

The waitress came to check on us and I let her know. She offered to redo it. I told here her I just wanted my blackened salmon. She went back and brought out the plate the size of a coffee saucer with a tiny piece of canned salmon with blackened spice. Nothing grilled about it (the Chopped judges would have had a hay day on that!) Again the waitress apologized and took our soup off the bill.

My sangria was so so. My partner had a Smashed Horse... Moscow mule with berries. Hers was good. But the FOOD was SOoooooooo disappointing. AND to top it all off, the chef went around to all the customers on the patio, BUT he never checked in or apologized to us. NADDA! Just saying all....

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Have been here several times now for lunch, the food is always great although the fries are just average when according to the menu are supposed to be something special. The salads are amazing, always super fresh produce. Kale and artichoke dip excellent, very cheesy. Could be served with better bread though (perhaps an excellent sourdough?)...sandwhiches are also excellent for the exception of the lobster roll which arrived hot....I somehow missed the description that it is served with melted cheese! IMO, you really cannot improve upon a TRADITIONAL lobster roll, so this was a disappointment, however my own fault for not reading the menu. I would not order it again. Service is erratic. It is a small town, and I don't expect to be rushed off, but the last time I went I didn't see my waitress for 15 minutes during lunch on a weekday, while my entire party was finished and waiting for the check. The wine helps in situations like that! ;) Overall, nothing to stop me from going back, just expect a leisurely lunch or dinner. Kid friendly.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I brought a group of 6 friends here for lunch. I ate here a couple of months ago and had the lobster roll. It was good. I told everyone and 5 out of 6 of us ordered the lobster roll. The roll the sandwich was on was stale. So was my friend's next to me. I told the manager and he just walked away. I won't be recommending this restaurant again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We had a reservation on Mother's Day and were seated promptly. Can not visit this restaurant without having their Tomato Bisque! The first we enjoyed the tasty treat, I asked for a "bucket of it to go"!! We enjoyed appetizers as our meal and shared them between the 3 of us. Plenty for sharing! Service was great, lots of smiles and they kept checking our water and for dishes that could be cleared away. Come and enjoy a Carpenteria restaurant--doing it right!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Hey, I had to have the steak frittes just because this is a bistro and the meal was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection and the sauce was delicious and the frittes were French like and good with a little parmesan/truffle oil.
The service was also excellent and they offer a great selection of wines in all price categories.
We'll be back for more.