“Stale bread”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I brought a group of 6 friends here for lunch. I ate here a couple of months ago and had the lobster roll. It was good. I told everyone and 5 out of 6 of us ordered the lobster roll. The roll the sandwich was on was stale. So was my friend's next to me. I told the manager and he just walked away. I won't be recommending this restaurant again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We had a reservation on Mother's Day and were seated promptly. Can not visit this restaurant without having their Tomato Bisque! The first we enjoyed the tasty treat, I asked for a "bucket of it to go"!! We enjoyed appetizers as our meal and shared them between the 3 of us. Plenty for sharing! Service was great, lots of smiles and they kept checking our water and for dishes that could be cleared away. Come and enjoy a Carpenteria restaurant--doing it right!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Hey, I had to have the steak frittes just because this is a bistro and the meal was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection and the sauce was delicious and the frittes were French like and good with a little parmesan/truffle oil.
The service was also excellent and they offer a great selection of wines in all price categories.
We'll be back for more.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Excellent burger and fish selection and a wonderful family restaurant and great wait staff super friendly and a great wine selection.We would recommend this restaurant to anyone

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Had lunch during the week with a high school friend. The décor was very classy inside & comfortable outside. Beautiful day so we chose outside dining. The menu had some fun descriptions for our favorite lunch items. My wife & school friend had the chicken club & I had the pork sandwich. My wife's first comment was "taste this Chibadda bread"! I had the same experience with my sandwich roll. Our lunch was unquestionably one of the best we have had. The owner, Jessica, visited our table & the servers were great also. We will be back again to try dinner. Parking was a bit of a challenge but it is worth any inconvenience. This place is a hidden gem for the out of town crowd but apparently well known by the Carpenterian's.