All reviews animation team ionian sea mini disco kids club nearest town hired a car pool bar cakes and biscuits small drawers included in the all inclusive package small range xi beach the hotel reception area taxi waiting eastern europeans fresh sheets baby pool
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Myself,husband and 12 year old son stayed here for 11 nights in August. The hotel is spotless and well maintained. The staff are friendly and hard working and offer good customer service. The food is good and there’s always something for someone. The drinks are not great but I never had any problems getting more than 1 drink at a time. You won’t go thirsty! The animation team are friendly enough but the hotel is used by lots of Eastern Europeans and it seems to be geared towards them. If you can hire a car when you get there then it might be an option if you don’t want to hang around the pool/beach for your holiday. The island itself is the prettiest Greek island I have visited so a car might work out better than getting cabs into Lixouri if you want something different. Overall I would recommend the hotel if you’re happy staying in one spot as there is nothing around. That said we ventured to Captain Nicolas one evening and Vatsa beach another day and also visited Lixouri and Argostoli 2 evenings as well. I wouldn’t stay here again but that’s only because I like to see different things but if I was offered a free break back here I’d go!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 412mandyn
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here before our visit I was really worried that the holiday wasn’t going to be up to scratch (considering the amount I’d paid for 1 adult and 1 child!) but I now know not to believe everything you read!
My first impressions of the hotel were excellent. The front is well maintained and the staff are friendly and welcoming. We arrived within minutes of the lunch service coming to a close but we were all offered a meal. I stayed in the main hotel (208) and the room was spacious, clean and the beds were really comfortable. TV, hair-drier and air con included in the package (although I only ever watched BBC News). Shower wasn’t the best - but having visited other Greek islands I wasn’t expecting a power shower. The water got you wet and clean - so you don’t really need anything else! Food in the restaurant probably some of the best all inclusive food I’ve had - plenty of variety and tasty. We arrived on a Monday and the dinner menu included mussels and prawns which were delicious! I never had an issue with getting drinks or finding a table while I was there. I disagree with previous comment about the water park - it is on the Jet2 info and within the hotel that your all inclusive package doesn’t include food and drink at that park. My son had chicken nuggets and chips there one day and we ended up sharing them as the plate was huge (and the nuggets were proper chicken breast not like McDonalds). The bar staff were lovely, as were all the staff within the hotel. Food and drink in the shop is reasonably priced. Night time entertainment is a bit naff but didn’t bother me. My son only went to kids club once as it didn’t seem very popular with the English kids but he was happy in the pool with his holiday friends.
I would recommend this hotel to families - your holiday is what you make of it and we had a fab time

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

It was my 2nd time in Kefalonia. The island is the same ... magnificent and peaceful.
But the hotel I chose, greatly exceeded expectations.
We felt like home because the staff members were so friendly and helpful.
Rooms, territory of the hotel, aquapark, animation team ... everything was at a high level.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and with a wide selection.
Many thanks to the chef Andreas!!!)
Unforgettable beach with red sand and clay rocks ....
It looks like I'm gonna be back to Ionian Sea hotel

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I was searching and asking for this Hotel for a long time before we Come. And it is absolutely worth it. When we arrived the ladies at the reception were really polite. We immediately got our room and We find a bottle of wine and fruits!! The room was big and cozy!!
The restaurant... We stayed 7 days and every Day had 15 differend kind of foods.. The stuff was really helpfull and they were always smile!! They even tried to keep for us our favorite table!!
The Hotel has 3 swimming pool and an Aqua Park... When We wanted to be with People We participate to the activities of the animation When We wanted to be alone We could go to kounopetra beach!! Just perfect!! Dont forget to book a car if you want to see the island!! We strongly recomend this Hotel... Its like a second home...

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I don't normally give bad reviews but the restaurant was poorly organized. I complained to the Jet2 rep Claire the day after we arrived. 1st I'll start with the Aqua Park, both myself and girlfriend didn't notice anywhere on their site that the inclusive did not apply at the aquapark (which is part of hotel), and we weren't allowed to take drinks from the poolbar to nearby aquapark(about 30 yards away). This is displayed everywhere at reception perhaps because off all the complaints.It is indeed shown on jet 2website (in the tiny small print no one reads) but nothing mentioned where the info about the aquapark is - she did say she will speak to marketing to get it moved into the correct place. Next restaurant chaos, I haven't been to an all inclusive before where you can't help yourself to beverages, not here, you have to queue on one side for teas, coffee etc(btw if you ask for coffee with milk you get almost black coffee, so ask for cappucino), and then go in another queue for cold drinks! (you're not told this with many people doing the same as we did) I am serious, you have 2 staff, some of the time (pushing buttons and pulling levers), instead of wasting 2 staff here and having silly long queues the 2 staff would be better clearing tables for the ever waiting numbers of people wanting to sit down. and let customers get their own drinks - problem solved! I reckon there were 200 people sat down eating most of the time, so why only have 1 toaster? queues again..... AND even though it was on maximum you had to run your toast through again, unnecessary - buy 2 toasters that work, simple. The food was about average, but for the amount of customers here should have been more choice and wasn't hot, just warm even colder if you queued for toast and drinks! We saw staff arguing and looking miserable probably because they're run off their feet trying to keep tables cleaned. I will give credit to Marina & Fotini who did smile and were helpful doing a a great job despite the pressures they were facing.
Now the pool bar, snacks were pretty poor which included small sausage rolls, biscuits and sliced cake, and the drinks came in small plastic cups. Now we have the massive issue of plastic here, i understand why they can't use glass but at least give us bigger cups so we don't have to keep coming back to the bar every 10 mins. that would keep the bar queues down. Big shout to Vaggelis one of the bar guys, very friendly, always smiling and a credit to the hotel
Now the hotel room, average, small, luckily there was only 3 of us but 4 would have been squeeze, the air con & shower was leaking so reported to reception, they said they would fix air con that day and shower the next, i said I'm not right bothered about the shower but the air con was dripping water ontop of the worktop over the fridge. Later when we came back it was still leaking, they said they'd fixed it, so the 2nd time it was fixed, a few days later it started dripping from another area but by then I'd lost interest so left it.the shower was never fixed.
The animation team where average, our 1st night there was comedy night, though there was nothing funny about any of it, and thought they were just taking the mick! Robin hood, but it was very poorly organised with no laughs from the audience. They should give that up and stick to dancing. Daytime Animation was ok, they kept the kids busy however don't know why they had 3 categories, kids, teenagers and adults. Its better if they mix like other places, I think more parents would have joined in with their kids
Be aware you are no where near any town, and to even visit the shops you have to travel to Lixouri by bus or taxi. We hired a car for 3 days (around 200 euros and this was a fiat 500) August is peak season and so much more expensive. But glad we did it, we visited as much as we could inc beaches, caves, lakes etc
This hotel would have gotten 4 stars had the restaurant been up to better standards considering this is a 3 star hotel
Reception staff were all friendly and helpful so no worries here
One further issue! We didn't arrive at the hotel until just gone 3pm, we had been up since 1.30am so we and other guests were pretty hungry when we arrived but the lunch time food had closed up and restaurant shut. They said they waited as long as they could and tried phoning the jet 2 reps (this i doubt) to ask why we were late? I thought late? there has been no delays what do you mean late. Anyway I thought it was unacceptable there was nothing for us when we got there hungry and tired. I don't like giving poor reviews but I couldn't say it was great when really it wasn't