“Somewhat disappointed in Breakfast, but going back to try Lunch.”
Review of El Mana

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Mana
Ranked #75 of 116 Restaurants in Carmichael
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had heard from friends that this was an excellent place to have a meal. My wife and I decided to try breakfast here and we were not impressed as the friends who gave us the recommendation. It is a small Guatemalan Church who opened the place as a way to support the church functions. Some of the staff are volunteers and some are paid. It appears that whoever cooked our breakfast was a volunteer as judged by the presentation and quality of our meal. The eggs were overcooked. The omelet was not an omelet. It was a pile of meats and peppers chopped and covered by an overcooked thin crepe like scramble egg. I lifted it off and it was very dry. My wife had “Huevos Rancheros” or at least we ordered that. It was just a single fried egg over hard with some black beans, Spanish rice and chopped lettuce on the side. No ranchero sauce or tortilla on the bottom. She said the food tasted good but just not Huevos Rancheros as we have eaten in several places, as this is one of our favorite meals. My omelet was not good at all. I will try lunch as this is what we were told our friends had, the Pupusas and street tacos were very flavorful they said.

1  Thank Inspecchi