“2nd visit just as good! ”

Forge in the Forest Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 155 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Transit: MST stops on Junipero Ave, half block from restaurant
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we’ve ate at Forge while visiting Carmel. The ambience is lovely, and perfect for visitors with dogs. We visited for lunch and made a reservation in advance (I highly recommend, they’re always crowded). I had the chicken sandwich which was fine, I probably should have gotten one of the specials like the salmon tacos. I did however order a side salad which was amazing - side salads are usually boring but it was delicious! My husband had the Philly cheesesteak sandwich which he recommends. The last time we ate at Forge I had the French onion soup which I should have ordered again - it was so good! Would definitely return again, but go for something besides the chicken sandwich.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We met friends here and sat outside as we had dogs. There were heaters to keep us nice and toasty while waiting for the sun to come out! We loved our food and drinks.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We just recently left Carmel, and had a wonderful time resting, and eating.
We saved Forge in the Forest for the last evening. The service was fine, just a little blaa. After we did not order wine, it seemed that we were not on the "A" customers list. We got the fondue, which was fine-I usually don't eat pickles with fondue cheese. The lobster linguini was very good. We ate, we paid, and we left, kind of unseen. Maybe everyone was tired, or maybe I expected a little more something, besides just dished out food for almost $100 meal. Can't decide if I'll go back.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

1. Amazing space
2. Great music
3. Ambiance is perfect
4. They have a menu for our dogs
5. My wife loved this place

Food was fantastic. Drinks were even better. This place is a bit of a hike and tough to find, but well worth it.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The outdoor space is wonderful, feels like you're in a forest. Heat lamps and fire pits for when it gets a bit cool out. The drinks were very good, but the food was just ok. My husband and I shared the Seafood Chowder, Burrata Salad and Chicken Satay Lollipops. I recommend this place for drinks only.