“Can't wait to go back for lunch”

From Scratch Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the LOWER level of the Barnyard Shopping Village - below Bay Bikes. The back stairs face Highway One. Since 1977, this charming, family owned restaurant has been serving breakfast and lunch made from the freshest of ingredients lovingly prepared by an expert chef. From Eggs Benedict to made-to-order omelettes to the best Huevos Rancheros around, it's impossible to beat their award-winning breakfasts. The restaurant is available for private parties in the evening. Enjoy your meal inside next to the fireplace or outside on remodeled patio. Pet friendly! We hope to see you soon. Come check out our new Burger Menu!
Reviewed 7 August 2018

First let me say it's a diners drive in dives find. Definitely the diners part of the show,
Everything is cooked to order and fresh and awesome. From the coffee to the size of the portions life is good here. I followed the lead of the show and had the deluxe sausage bisquits and gravy, and as recommended had to try the brisket chili OMG damn good chili. If you like bloody Mary's they have a good one. The other orders were well received and enjoyed as the Benedicts and Crepes were a hit also.
The breakfast was perfectly prepared as ordered. The service and friendliness of the place made ya feel like you had been going there for years. Well done!!

2  Thank 1000Gr8adventures

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We love this place. The staff remembers us and are very kind to our little dog. The food is fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Two of us had breakfast here yesterday. The first problem is that there is some confusion about exactly where you stand in order to get a table. There is a door into the restaurant and another larger area on the patio where people also go, so it’s hard to know where you should be in order to be spotted by the hostess. Once you are found, however, getting a table was fast. It took some time to get a cup of coffee before ordering our meal, then my spouse ordered cinnamon French toast and bacon and I had a sprimp and crab omelette. Her French toast was excellent and came with three pieces of excellent bacon. My omelette had a dusting of tiny crab flakes and five nice sized shrimp. The eggs, however, we so over cooked and dry that I had to smother them in hot sauce to make them edible. I should have sent the whole thing back because an omelette, in my opinion, should be made with eggs tha turn out to be light, yellow and fluffy, not brown, hard and dry. I might eat here again, but I won’t be ordering eggs of any kind.
On the very positive side, everyone working here is welcoming and friendly and we enjoyed our server.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The staff are amazing, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is welcoming! We highly recommend the chili, burgers and chorizo skillet.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

They're known for their excellent "breakfast all day" menu, but the selection of soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch is impressive. Dine inside or on the patio at this popular eatery. Generous portions might lead you to split your order as we did for our grilled tuna melt sandwich with waffle fries. It was presented on two plates with no split charge - pretty unusual in this area today. And it was delicious. We recommend it!