US$292
US$384
Wayside Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$427
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$286
US$270
Carmel Green Lantern Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$505
Best Western Carmel's Town House Lodge(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$249
US$1,117
Hotels.com
All reviewsbreakfast basketyogurteach morninghard boiled eggswine and cheeseclaw foot tubdecanter of sherrysmall dogcarmel by the seaseparate showerperfect locationocean avenueenglish muffinbottled watersister propertyshort walk to the beachqueen bed
Reviewed 1 November 2017

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary here in Carmel. It was a dream destination and staying at The Monte Verde Inn made our stay memorable. We were greeted at the front desk by Randy Blake who made us feel welcomed the minute we met him. His sense of humor, energy and positive vibe exuded from him. He provided us a map and showed us all the places we had to check out. He was quite entertaining and we loved saying good morning and goodnight as we waved on our way to breakfast or dinner. The inn was clean, well taken care of and every morning we had a fresh basket of goodies sat by our door with a quiet knock. The inn itself is very quaint, literally a block from the main street where all the restaurants and shops are and only blocks away from the beautiful beach. I've already raved about our experience with friends and family members and look forward the day my husband and I will venture out that way again. We will definitely stay at this inn again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie802017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We loved the place very much, our host in guest services, Randy Blake was so accommodating nice and super professional. Meeting him right in the start of our long weekend, made it really nice he let us know where everything was and everything worked out perfect, the place is very nice I would recommend it to anybody (ask for Randy
We also really like their “happy hour” I included a photo of our party there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisesheedy
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Monte Verde Inn! The staff and owners are extraordinarily welcoming and kind and they have thought of everything to ensure their guests feel right at home! The location is perfect and I loved being just blocks from the beach and right off Ocean Blvd. I will definitely come back to Carmel and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else but the Monte Verde Inn!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mrsjulieq
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed here for our mini-honeymoon, immediately after our wedding. We wanted something cute and relaxing and walkable, and that's exactly what we got! The room was small but exactly what we needed. (Surprise!) amenities included a big bottle of sherry and breakfast baskets that are hand-assembled (with care) and delivered to your door every morning! The staff are unbelievably sweet and personable (seriously, I've never met such kind staff before). There's a lovely conversation pit underneath twinkling lights where we got to meet some of the other guests, who kindly invited us to share a glass of wine with them. The location of the inn couldn't be more perfect-- everything you'd ever want is within a 5-10 minute walk. Our only complaint is that there's a lot of sound transference between the rooms-- we heard every sneeze and footstep from the room next to us, and felt like they could probably hear us, too. We would absolutely stay here again-- it was a wonderful place to spend time right after our wedding!

Room Tip: Room 12 is on the ocean-side of the hotel -- could hear the waves crashing at night, even though we were many blocks from the actual beach!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keelia M
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We've been staying at the Monte Verde Inn for years. We always bring our pup with us to Carmel, so a pet friendly hotel is a must. We have stayed at other pet friendly hotels in the same area prior to discovering this little gem. My husband and I consider the Monte Verde to be our home away from home. We have our favorite room and quite often we will add an additional night to extend our stay when the room is available, because we don't want to leave. LOL. The owners Kate & Casey and the front desk staff Randy and Melissa exemplify guest services at its best. Their consistent upbeat and helpful attitudes always enhance our stay. They truly go that extra mile to ensure you have everything you need and more.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family