If you are looking for a bargain, you shouldn't be going to Carmel to begin with. The hotel isn't cheap, but i didn't want cheap. We were traveling there for thanksgiving and were lucky enough to be the exception and get 2 nights (instead of the 3 night minimum for the holiday), but we didn't have a lot of choice in rooms. We had semi-ocean view with 2 doubles beds. I booked over the phone for rooms for both ourselves and friends who were travelling with us; I knew we were going to get great customer service.
We were late arriving at the hotel after spending the day at the monterey bay aquarium and having dinner nearby. Staff were kind enough to call to make sure that we hadn't for lost along the way. We had made dinner reservations for dinner the following night, upon check in they offered to help with reservations, but were impressed by the ones we had.
The grounds were gorgeous. We spent the first night by the fire with some red wine and chocolate picked up along our travels. In the daylight, the grounds were even more impressive, I kept finding my husband reading in different parts of he garden.
Rooms were well appointed, and we loved the bath products. The best was the most comfortable I've slept in in a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel