Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$175
US$174
US$108
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$164
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$241
US$404
US$364
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$359
Official Website
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,339 results
All reviewsprivate entrance to legolandself parking feehotel restaurantlego landvisiting legolandprivate accesslarge poolping pongunderground parkingnice propertypool sideearly checkocean viewhotel guestsoutlet mallgreat poolshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2012

If I was head of Sheraton Companies I would fire the person in charge of overseeing this property. This is a beautiful property, but thats where it stops. We booked our trip here because of the private entrance to Legoland and the resort and spa amenities. I should have known it wasn't going to be the relaxing place it seemed to be on it's website from the call I placed before even booking it. I'll share. I had made a call because I had saw that there was an offer including some childcare, but when I called the girl that answered put me on hold before a word left me mouth and then pushed my call to 800 number and an operator who could read a computer screen as well as me quoting me higher prices than on the website and didn't know anything about childcare. Thats why I had tried to call the hotel directly in the first place (I never did see any childcare on the property. My husband and I would have just used it to enjoy the spa together). Upon checking in, we were given a room with only a King bed for a family of four. They quickly changed it, but it being so late in the evening it was a bummer to start our trip that way with tired kids. The next morning we were super excited to hit Legoland! The private entrance is a great perk of this property. It was an entrance through the back of Legoland and from inside Legoland, if you didn't come in that way you would never know it was there. Super cool. It is a little walk from the property though. So if you have any health issues, thats a good thing to know. Another tip...Legoland doesn't open until 10 during the off season and all the literature in the room say's 9. Upon arriving at the gate to the back entrance the employee told us that this is something many customers have complained about and it still had NOT been fixed after many customers and employees had brought it to their attention. We did however see a sign posted in the parking lot we had (and many others did as well) missed with the correct hours on it. The pool is a great selling point for this property. It's gorgeous! It also has a pool table, ping pong and foos ball set up around the pool. Unfortunately, if you want anything to drink you have to walk all the way inside the hotel to the bar at the restaurant. They do have a big surf board menu to order off of with a house phone next to it. We did take advantage of this service. When we did it was at the end of the day (not a busy time, most guests were leaving the pool to get ready for the evening) and it took an hour and a half to get our hot dogs and nachos and beer. By the time the server had come out to deliver us our food, so many guests had left the pool area we were able to move to better lounge chairs closer to the pool. When the waiter was approaching where I was sitting I flagged him down only to have him blow me off in a huff and passed me by to get to the spot where I was originally sitting. At that time I just had to giggle to myself. After realizing I wasn't over there he came back to me knowing that I must be the guest who had ordered the food. He had no apologies for me though, just a bad attitude. I'm don't have crazy standards for customer service, but this place has no standards for it. The food on the property was OK. You could tell the Head Chef was attempting to be on point with his menu, he tried, but wasn't completely successful. The menu was just over his skill set. Overall, this property was beautiful. It's just to bad the staff wasn't even close to par. If you want to have access to the back entrance to Legoland I would suggest the Hilton next store. It is a timeshare, but does rentals as well. Otherwise I highly recommend the West Inn & Suites Carlsbad. That property knows what customers service is and their property is extremely luxurious. Their pool is smaller, but heated. They have a shuttle that can drop you off at the entrance to Legoland or anywhere else for the matter and offers free parking ( a $12-$18 charge at the Sheraton). Their rooms top the Sheratons and their prices beat them as well. Skip the Sheraton and have an enjoyable stay in Carlsbad!

Room Tip: This property is huge. Ask for a room close to the pool and front desk area. Otherwise you'll be walking forever.
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We decided to stay here due to the proximity to Legoland- which turned out to be absolutely fabulous. There is a private entrance into Legoland for hotel guests, which was so nice and easy to walk from the hotel there.

Rooms were nice, very clean and comfy. Room service was very good and overall service was great. I enjoyed getting my nails done at the spa and would definitely want to spend more time there next time.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have always loved staying at this resort. It is so convenient to Legoland and we love the friendly service, and that fact that this is a newer property. That being said, they could improve a bit on their maintenance. We left in a rush so I did not have a chance to take any good photos of the property (sorry), but I quickly snapped images of a couple of things they need to take a look at in the bathroom. There was a rust stain on the shower wall, and the sink was a bit smelly when you first turned on the water. There was a ring of crud that should have been cleaned around the drain, and there was mildew forming in the grout. These were really small problems, and I am sure the Sheraton will take care of it soon, though. We loved our dinners in the restaurant. The Moroccan chicken was only okay, but the salad with added grilled fish or shrimp was quite good the next night. The cocktails were really great, and the service was wonderful. The kids love the big pool, where you can have food served if you desire. Breakfast was hot and right on time to our room both days we stayed. If you are not a guest in the near building, I would opt for the self parking which is $4 less and underground, versus the valet which costs more, your car is parked outside, and you have to walk to the main lobby and wait for it. Not much point in that! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but rooms facing the ocean in the first building are probably the best!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Thank you for you loyalty and for taking the time to review the hotel. We are very proud of our property and our team. The items that you mentioned have been addressed and taken care of. Please feel free to address any concerns you have with any one of our staff members, as we want to make sure that all of our guest’s needs are taken care of. I have shared your comments with the culinary team and the Twenty/20 staff. We hope that you have the opportunity to come back and visit this summer.
All the Best,
Megan Conner
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel is fantastic. Not only are the grounds beautiful but the staff is exceptional!!! Ask and you will receive! Comfy beds with fab pillows and the best pomagrante mojitos in California. Just can't say enough!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin G

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with the Sheraton Family. Come back soon so we can spoil you all over again.

Cheers!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Recently had a 'stay-cation' in Carlsbad. This was one of those rare occasions when everyone in the family had a great time. We had a nice day at Legoland, an early evening at the resort pool and a great meal in the hotel restaurant. Next day was a relaxed breakfast via room service and back to Legoland for a second day. The rooms were modern, clean, and very comfortable. The restaurant at the hotel had a menu that satisfied picky kids (and even pickier parents - the fresh fish special was amazing). The resort had a great energy but never felt too busy. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were in an 'executive suite' which was was the perfect size for a family of four. The seating area is great for having a glass of wine and savoring the day!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

We love the “stay-cation” no need to head out of town, we have it all here! Come back this summer and see all of our fun and exciting activities. Dive in Moves at the pool every Saturday and Sunday now through Labor Day. We hope you have a great summer and thank you for sharing!
All the Best