All reviews ralph's grocery store room was clean water pressure would stay again hairdryer convenience sink mattress
Reviewed 18 June 2018

1st I will say Friendly Staff... BUT They do Not Supply Kleenex Tissue, shampoo or cond. Also WiFy Not secure & Bad Connection...We had to Find a target & buy it...
Lumpy Hard Bed a thin Mattress on top of a plywood board. & Lumpy Pillows
This is the 1st time the Hotel did NOT supply Kleenex, come on I asked about it & was told it was a Corp thing they do not supply... So If you get a cold, have a runny nose you have to run to the Bathroom for toilet paper.. I know its a small thing But it ticked me Off as this trip was for my Mom & she uses Kleenex tissue al lot so that is why we had to buy some...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Shelly, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The only reasons I chose this hotel were the price, the pool, and being close to the beach. However, the first days we were there the pool wasn't even open. The first night, I couldn't sleep much due to a tapping sound coming from the AC. In the morning I told the manager and she said someone would fix it but I could still hear it later on. The shower had hardly any water pressure. The second night I killed cockroaches!!! The next day I told the front desk clerk and she gave us a new room. She also said I should be able to get a refund and that she'd talk to her manager when she arrived. We last to go enjoy the day and were exhausted upon return. We had to go through all the trouble of packing up our things and moving downstairs. Upon checkout I finally got to speak to the manager. She said she was not authorized to give me a full refund and only gave me a partial one. I will NOT stay at this location again. It would've been nice if someone could have helped us move rooms and if I could've been granted a refund but this place was a terrible example of hospitality.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Erin, Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the maintenance conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Beds are thin mattresses, and my shower head is cracked so the water leaks out and the pressure is quite low. I called this afternoon around 1pm and it is now 6pm and nobody from maintenance has com by to fix it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Very small room, poor water pressure, laminate floors, horrible bed - mattress on a piece of wood,basically, no box spring. NO HEAT! However, the location is good if you want to go to the beach. I was not there for the beach. I just needed a place to sleep, which was tough with no heat, an army-thin blanket, and freeway noise. However, you get what you pay for and I didnt really expect more.

Room Tip: There are none - lol.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a room at this hotel for a weekend at Legoland with my baby. Getting really excited I thought I should make sure the pool is up and running. But first asked if they will hold luggage until check in because I arrive at the airport at 8:00am. I really thought it was silly to ask since all hotels offer that basic convenience. But I thought just to make sure..... Surprisingly they do not! I have stayed at countless hotels domestically and internationally and this is the first hotel to say that they cannot. What am I supposed to do with our luggage? Sit in the lobby until check in time until we can enjoy our day at Legoland? She said it was due to security. Well... what does that really say about your staff? That the staff can't be trusted? Or you can't trust the area your staff would store the luggage? Wow! .... booking now immediately cancelled. I called the surrounding hotels nearby to see what their policy is and they laughed at how ridiculous the initial question was. Too bad ... money now being directed elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family