See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I booked for the price, and got more than I expected. Clean, clean, clean, in location, location, location. Not on the beach but great location near the Outlet Shops and great restaurants - not to mention super easy freeway access. Loved the microwave and mini fridge, usually not found in Motel 6 locations.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2017

***PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY ABOUT DAISY FRETZ TO ALL MILITARY PERSONAL***

First and foremost ... I’m in the Military. I checked into my room and turned the switch to light up the first lamp, low and behold - black beetles and/or cockroaches were crawling on my ceiling. They scattered due to the light and as I watched where they went, the base of the fire alarm was hanging down, not even connected via the bracket (HUGE SAFETY REASON).

I walk into the front office. Explain the situation we have at hand and was told I’d be moved rooms for the night (not able to find another hotel at 1130pm) and the “acting manager” Daisy Fretz would be calling my cell phone as soon as she got in at 730am.

Well, 1030am rolls around ... no call. Drive back to the hotel from Camp Pen and low and behold the “acting manager” Daisy Fretz comes from the back room and asks what she can do for me very bluntly. I mention the issue and the room number, figuring she knew about what was going on from the note left from the night before. She then agrees she knows who I am and about the situation. So I ask why didn’t I get a call from you based on the insects crawling on my ceiling and the fire alarm not attached. Daisy Fretz responds that there was nothing for her to talk to me about because I was switched rooms, and (all was fixed) she figured the fire safety was just not an issue.

I ask, bluntly why not call and make sure all was ok and just genuinely have a concern ... ? Her idea of a response was “first, we were just tented for insects so I don’t believe your story of bugs crawling on the ceiling and second we moved you rooms to where the fire alarm works. (That’s it. End of story. She stares at me.). I say, Daisy you understand you just told a military personal that you don’t believe them and that my safety wasn’t cared about as you aren’t willing to compensate for these issues to your room. She then repeated exactly the same thing .. “I don’t believe you.”

****BE WARNED!!! NO FIRE ALARMS CONNECTED. BUGS CRALWING. MANAGER DAISY FRETZ CALLS OUT MILITARY AND SAYS I LIED TO HER. ****

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Abel M
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Carlsbad East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Abel, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 weeks. Room is specious (it can fit our bikes, our 10 suit cases). Its close to a few fast food stores, and convince stores. Even the putlet is within a walkable distance (10mins).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I travel through the North County of San Diego often on business and to visit friends in the area. The staff is always welcoming and friendly, even when I need a room at 10:00 at night smelling of race gas and sweat (I work on vintage cars for a living). You can't beat the location; everything is within a few blocks, from fast food to a great steakhouse to shopping at the outlet mall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I've stayed at this hotel twice. This is my "go to" hotel when I'm in this area. It really is only 1.5 miles from Legoland, the beach is just across the freeway, and all at the right price. The rooms are clean and fresh. The addition of the mini-fridge and microwave is super convenient for breakfast. There isn't a huge selection of restaurants close by, but that didn't really matter to me.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side of hotel. That way you aren't going to hear freeway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family