“NO Bathroom Tissue or towels AND BED BUGS CRAWL on your FACE when you sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Carlsbad East

Motel 6 Carlsbad East
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Well, the ENTIRE hotel is out of bathroom tissue and towels. Manager refused to pull supplies from nearby properties and simply said nothing can be done. Refund asked for and refused by manager. Cleaning crew is great, yet they cannot offer supplies that are not even stocked by the manager. Someone needs to change his career. Why does his boss not tell him to take care of his customers???!!!

Room Tip: AVOID unless you love to BED BUGS crawl on your face while you sleep.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank FamilyVacation201127

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Room had bed bugs. Told manager, Roger, and he said it was not his problem and suggested we stay somewhere else. What a great guy.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank RoadTripFamilyUSA

Travellers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Guam, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We wanted an inexpensive place close to Legoland, and this fit the bill. Legoland was about a 10 minute drive away, just past the outlet mall. The room was clean (we wore socks/slippers inside), bathroom tiny but clean. It was nice to have a small fridge and microwave. Free coffee in the lobby each morning. There was a pool we didn't use, and a laundry room we did. We extended an extra night. There was a 7-11 and Subway across the street, but we just drove a couple minuets to the outlet mall which had a lot of restaurants to choose from.
The big problem is that they allow smoking and pets in the motel, so even though we had a designated non-smoking room, we noticed a funky smell when we first checked in and each time we came in from a day at the park. Either the previous guest smoked in our room or brought pets in, or the smell from smoking rooms filtered into ours. I would suggest a non-smoking wing. Overall, we were very satisfied. We would stay again if they addressed the smoking issue.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor facing Paseo Del Norte. We could hear the guests on the second floor, b...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

For the price this was OK but we thought compared to motels we had stayed at Motel 6 could have done better. The room was smallish but clean. There was no fridge or microwave so this was a bit of a let down. Wifi was a charge of $2.99 per day. We have travelled the US for 3 months now and this is the only place where they charge for wi-fi. I was pleased they had a laundry on-site but it was filthy. I don't think the machines had been wiped down for months and the floor was disgusting. However, when we departed I was asked if we had any comments so I mentioned all these issues. Hopefully, they will at least clean the laundry!

Room Tip: At any motel, always ask to inspect the room first
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Quartz Hill, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I wouldn't normally stay at a Motel 6, but I was traveling with my cat and I needed a pet-friendly motel. What I didn't realize is that, although this is in a nice Carlsbad neighborhood, there are full-time residents living in this motel, which creates a dicy atmosphere.

At 11:45 p.m., I heard someone talking outside my room When I looked out the peephole, there was a guy smoking a marijuana joint, muttering to himself, "Everybody loves a little bud." Uh, not EVERYBODY....bud!

When he saw I was looking out the peephole, he put his thumb over it--in other words, a threat. That did it. I called the front desk, and told the clerk that either she was going to call the police, or I would. This being Carlsbad, the police arrived in under five minutes flat and hauled him off.

Yes, it's a Motel 6--not the Ritz. But my room absolutely reeked of disinfectant, and the "residents" seemed to come and go at all hours. The next night, I went down one more exit to the La Posada, where for $50 more I had a great room, no pet fee, and peace, quiet, and security.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business