“Good family accommodation near Legoland”

Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a portacot; which comfortably fit 2 adults, 2 kids and a baby. The hotel is quite new and the room was in immaculate condition. The beds were particularly comfortable. There was a coin-operated laundry down the end of the hall, which was very much appreciated. The breakfast wasn't the best for anyone watching their calorie intake, but for the good price we paid for our room, I wasn't complaining.

We chose this hotel for it's proximity to Legoland and felt that we got excellent value for our money. It wouldn't be a good choice if you didn't have a car, but with a car it was quite an easy commute, although our GPS did get a bit confused a couple of times. We arrived in the evening and I found out the next day that the hotel is right near an airport (only because I saw the airport in the daylight). We did not hear any airport noise whatsoever during the night or early morning.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Legoland. There is nothing overly fancy about it (which we didn't need anyway); but it is new, clean, comfortable, well appointed and good value for a family of 5.

P.S. I got a quick look at a disabled room by chance - they are HUGE. Definitely recommended if you are eligible.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors won't get as much carpark noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you so much for choosing Hampton Inn Carlsbad. Look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Last time we stayed at the Homewood Suites just next door to this property and if I can choose, I'd go back to the Suites. We are a family of 4 w/ 2 small kids. Having that full kitchen and separate sleeping quarters really does make a big difference, especially if staying more than 1 nt.

Hampton Inn is nicely kept but it was just too simple. My husband liked the beds better here than at Homewood Suites, I can't remember how it was there but for me at the Inn, it was alright. Nothing special, nothing negative. My biggest complaint would definitely have to be the SUPER THIN walls, and floors. I heard the person next door snoring all night!

There is a medium sized fridge, but it gave a rather annoying buzzing sound. There is also a mini microwave in the room, but we never used it. A big plus, and what made this stay not terrible was their hot breakfast. Served from 6am-10am, it was a good selection of coffee/tea, juice and milk, variety of breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and hot selections like egg/simple omelet, cubed potatoes, sausages...no bacon during our stay though. The best part of breakfast for me was their waffles, that you make yourself. Really yummy. I ate a whole bunch of waffles during this stay!

Hot breakfast definitely better at Hampton Inn, but for families staying more than 1 nt, I think Homewood Suites would be better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy K

Thank you for staying with Hampton Inn Carlsbad, and we are here to make sure that you had a great stay with our Hilton Family Hotels. If you come and stay with our Homewood & Suites next time, be sure to stop for Breakfast. Thank you

Reviewed 1 February 2012

We just came back from a weekend trip with the kids. Great place to stay - the hotel is only about 4 years old, and well-maintained. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was delicious. It was about 10 minutes from Legoland and 30 minutes from the Safari Park. Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lsc309
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Carlsbad for your stay. I am so glad that you and your family had enjoyed our Hotel and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Enjoyed my stay, rooms clean, staff friendly and helpful, cleaning staff do their job well, mini breakfast was sufficient and go, fitness center has three cardio machines and dumbells for working out. Small pool and spa but I didn't use these.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Excellent value for money. 10 min drive from Legoland and I-5. Great complimentary breakfast - muffins, bread, chilled eggs, mini omelettes, sausages, yogurt, juices, waffles, great coffee. Clean spacious room, nice bed, free wi-fi. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Lots of ice in ice vending machine for the cooler. Definitely recommend. We got a king bed for 98/night incl the breakfast. Friendly staff, ample parking for free.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family