My lovely wife and two kiddos, 11F & 8M, decided to take a quick trip to SoCal for a weekend at Legoland and Knotts Berry Farm. Based on the order of events, this was the best place for us to crash.
The staff was wonderful. The room was comfortable and clean. The kitchen was more complete than I was expecting. We decided to eat out the whole trip, but we could have done well eating in.
Even thought it was only 65F outside, my kids still enjoyed the pool. I think the locals must have thought we were nuts, but it hasn't been that warm in Oregon for several months now. The pool was lovely.
The breakfast is reasonable and somewhat typical of what you would find in an extended stay hotel. Not the best I've ever had, but definitely not the worst by any means.
We did take advantage of a free ride to Legoland and back. That saved us $15 in parking.
The staff was very helpful at every step of the way. The property owners should be very proud of their staff. They must be treating them right.
There is a commuter rail line across the street. At first, we could hear it and it was a little annoying. Maybe we were so stinkin' tired or we just got used to it, but we didn't hear it after a short while.
I would stay there again if the location made sense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the coast of beautiful Carlsbad, California and conveniently situated only 2 1/2 blocks from the beach, Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad is surrounded by the area's many great attractions and restaurants. Enjoy a five-minute shuttle ride to Legoland or GIA or travel a short 35 miles to the San Diego Convention Center, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Old Town or the San Diego airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- Hotel Of America Carlsbad