All reviews marriott courtyard bistro area bistro staff front desk business park area great hotel quiet area stayed here for nights business trip visiting legoland short drive convenient location pool and hot tub lego land nice pool easy access outlet mall
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This is just okay; front desk service and most of bistro staff are great. It’s a cleaning issue for me. The seats and tables in the bistro always need to be brushed off before you sit down. You are brushing away food crumbs and dust. The common areas are the same way. Room cleanliness is not what we expected. We have been here six days and sometimes the room is fully wiped down sometimes not. Sometimes all the toiletries are restocked sometimes not. It’s not really what we have come to expect from a Marriott property. It has been a little chilly in the evenings. It would have been nice if the fireplace and outdoor heaters had been turned on.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kayla F, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for a less than ideal stay. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Carlsbad.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I spent a total of two weeks in this hotel, and can say that I am extremely happy with my stay. Cynthia And Jonathan took amazing care of me and never hesitated to ask if there was anything they could do for me. The room was very clean, the food at the Bistro was delicious and again the staff is phenomenal. Everyone at the hotel from front desk, bistro, and house keeping was always smiling, friendly, and very helpful. the world needs more people like the staff here. Thank you for being awesome!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ManagerCYCSD, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for your amazing comments. I have shared them with our staff and they are all beaming with pride. I am so glad that not only did we take good care of you but did so consistently. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver this great service moving forward.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

If your looking for a clean room, friendly staff in a quiet area then Courtyard by Marriott is a good choice. I stayed at this hotel for a week during the last week of October 2017 and the hotel was in the process of replacing all the bed mattresses, and they were very comfortable. The breakfast menu was limited but good and theres something for everyone. It also nice to stay in a hotel that does not allow smoking or pets. Free internet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
ManagerCYCSD, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I was trying out a new commercial airline flying out from Carlsbad/McClellan Palmar airport and this courtyard is actually the only hotel with airport shuttle. I was a bit hesitant at first but called in advance. From what I gathered, there is a shuttle available as long as it is within normal hour. The maintenance staff doubles as shuttle driver, as it is pointless to hire a shuttle driver when there are only two daily departures and arrivals from commercial operation. My flight to Carlsbad was delayed an hour but there was still a shuttle picking me up at 5pm, and they were able to get me back to airport at 8am the next morning. I will urge you to call ahead if you need shuttle.

In terms of room and service, it is fairly typical and everything fits the Courtyard standard. There is free premium WIFI for Marriott elite members but the speed was only okay. I would be a bit upset if I had to pay for it. The room is nice and the shower pressure is good. The staffs especially the woman who is in charge for the late afternoon were great and friendly. I won't hesitate to come back in the future, as Carlsbad will have more services.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
ManagerCYCSD, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thanks for your kind words. We are glad you took advantage of our shuttle and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay here due to the fact that it is close to lego land! And it was fantastic. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the 2 gentlemen at the bar at night, jake and alex. They we're very knowledgeable and on top of it. Great company! We will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family