All reviews original hotel dragon's den new castle play area bunk beds great playground princess themed room pool cabana lego table outdoor entertainment k cups treasure box lego blocks lego store fun hotel kids room park closes
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We loved the hotel, the look and the room, but a few things disappointed us....
The stars weren’t working so maintenance had to come and fix them, but couldn’t as he explained it was wired incorrect. After a few visits he ended up getting them to work but the bunker light next to the bed had to stay on permanently, which my son wouldn’t be able to sleep with on all night, so they were both turned off.
Had the birthday package paid for my sister who is an AFOL. Went to dinner, waited over an hour for dinner which we booked and which came out cold. My son couldn’t eat his as the chicken strips were so cold and tough he couldn’t bite them. We ended up only paying for half of the mains although I had already paid for the child’s as part of the package, so didn’t think that was fair. Had to race back to be at the room in time for cake. The elf was awesome but the cake was massive for only 2 adults and a child, most of it was thrown out. After being told we would get a park specific present as my sister has everything she got the birthday cake which is available everywhere and she already had it. I was told I couldn’t swap but after lots of complaining (this was the last straw) the manager at the front desk organized a swap to the castle - specific to the park. I was very thankful.
Breakfast is a shamozzle nothing is explained so we didn’t know where drinks were or salt and pepper, cutlery, and not all items are available outside as inside. We felt like we were running around trying to find things the whole time.
We loved the hotel but for the cost I would hope the little things will be improved and it was just that the hotel was new!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam H
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi Sam H,

It's great to hear you and your family loved the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, specifically the look and theming of the room. A lot of thought went into the theming of our new hotel so both children and our adult fans all find something to enjoy.

I do want to apologize for the experience you had while dining with us during your stay. W strive to provide excellent customer service and high quality dining options, and it would seem that was not delivered. I want to assure you that this is not part of the typical guest experience here at LEGOLAND. You brought up some very valid points regarding the birthday package that I will absolutely pass along to the appropriate team leaders.

I would love to hear more about your stay if you have a moment. I can be reached at my email address below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stayed at the LEGOLAND Castle for my son's 5th birthday. Lea checked us in and was very helpful getting rooms for all our guests close together and switching our Pool Cabana to a different day. We appreciated all the help from Lea!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Catherine H we are very pleased to know that you had such a nice experience with Lea during check in. I have shared your review. with the Castle Hotels' management team for their review, they will make sure she is recognized for the service that she provided to you. Thank you for this nice review. We hope that you and your family had a wonderful stay.

Warm Regards,

Tamara Thomas | Product Excellence Managing Team
LEGOLAND® California Resort

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The lobby is too small to accommodate families during peak check-in time. Our room was not ready until 5:00 which to me is unacceptable when check-in time is stated at 4:00. We were told they would text us when the room was ready which never happened. Thankfully, we went back up to the front desk to acquire about our room and that’s how we found out it was ready. We felt cheated out of an hour since you can’t access the pool, playground, movie without a room card. They did refund our resort fee. Self-parking is included in your reservation, but only people that valet can use a luggage cart. Overall, service was lacking and the workers were not overly friendly. This being our first time at Legoland and the Castle we were expecting the service to be more like Disney...we were sadly mistaken. While in the check-in line, Sir Galalego was interacting with the family behind me. He was over the top friendly, but then I heard him tell the mom to go ahead and leave a positive review on TripAdvisor because only people that are unhappy leave reviews. It made his interaction seem ungenuine. My boys loved the Wizard room and there was plenty of room for everyone. Only complaint about the room was that 1 of our “clean” towels had dried blood on it. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options for kids and adults. The drink service was slow. None of the issues noted above really affected our kids as they still thought it was a magical experience. With the price point of the hotel, I was just a little disappointed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi JLW_218,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us from your past stay at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. It's nice to hear how much your children enjoyed the wizard themed room and that their stay was simply magical.

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to check into your room until 5pm. Like you stated, our check in time does begin at 4:00pm, so I would need to do some investigating to see why that did not happen in your case. In addition to that, I will absolutely follow up with the other discrepancies you had mentioned.

If you could kindly reach out to me via my email address below with your reservation details, I would be more than happy to go over your stay in greater detail. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in room 105 which of course is on the first floor. We can hear the foot stomping of all the floors above us. We can hear doors around us open and close. For the amount we paid, the construction seems pretty cheap. Seems like they cut corners in the insulation and any noise dampening.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob S
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Hi Rob S,

I am sorry to hear your stay at our LEGOLAND Castle Hotel was interrupted by noisy neighbors. While we do have designated quiet hours between 10pm and 7am, it seems that quiet time was anything but. I am truly sorry to hear that was the case.

That being said, we are currently looking into options for more effective soundproofing throughout the hotel to ensure noise related issues are mitigated. If you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail, I would be more than happy to do so. You can reach me at my email address below.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We had such a great time! We did the VIP tour with Ana ~ she was amazing.....so fun! We were able to ride the rides 2 times, have VIP entrance and do a small Lego model build and learn about the Lego process....so cool! My granddaughters, ages 4 & 6 had the best time.... all the food and drink were covered, and line access was great! We will definitely go back soon.....super bang for the buck!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Princess room @ the Castle hotel - very fun for the girls!!!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Hello Julia W thank you for this awesome review. We are delighted to know that you and your family had a great time here at our new Castle Hotel. We are also very pleased that you had a amazing VIP tour with Ana, we will make sure she is recognized. We look forward to you visiting with us again, hopefully in the near future.

Warm Regards,