All reviews original hotel dragon's den scavenger hunt play area bunk beds new castle kids room princess themed room great playground pool cabana lego table special surprise outdoor entertainment kids occupied k cups my son lego blocks
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had reservations in the Castle Hotel 3 weeks after it opened & were beyond excited! What a nifty & fun hotel!!!! We loved ALL of the attention to detail throughout, but most importantly we loved Karen who works with the front desk team. As with all new establishments, there are little kinks. When I booked the reservations, I also booked a cabana at the Castle Hotel Pool (the LegoLand WaterPark was closed the days we were there). When we went out to the pool, my reservation was not included on the cabana list & was instructed to go to the front desk. And of course, when I got to the desk, they were slammed. Karen took notice that I had my 4 year old son who was running out of patience & just wanted to get to the pool. She also saw that we were “checked in guest” who needed help. We waited a few moments while she finished up with a confused & not so polite out of town guest. I explained to her my situation & the frustration I had because my son was now having a meltdown. She was unclear of how the cabana reservation system worked because of how new this process was. Karen got all of my information & promised to get right back to me. She did within 10 min & also left a very nice & detailed voicemail letting me know that our cabana was ready for us followed by an apology for the inconvenience. My son and I had a wonderful afternoon at the Castle pool. We ran into Karen several times throughout our stay & she always went out of her way to say hi & to see if we needed anything. She also remembered our names which tickled my son. I greatly appreciate Karen going above & beyond to ensure we had a memorable experience!!!!!! Thank you!! - Ayumi C

Room Tip: Each floor has a different theme, so check to see which one your kids would like the best
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hello Ayumi,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We're happy Karen was able to assist you with a memorable trip with us. We will also share your feedback with Karen's management team for recognition for correcting the Hotel Cabana mishap. Thank you for booking your stay with us and hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is really nice for children, lots of fun stuff around and inside the room but unfortunately, the walls are made of LEGO, so they don’t have acoustic isolation between rooms, very hard if you want to get some sleep while kids and parents are yelling at the room next door.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Julius R, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hi Mario K,

Really great to hear that the children enjoyed all our kid focus activities and amenities throughout the Hotel. My personal favorite is the zero entry splash zone pool and the huge screen that plays LEGO movies and shows through the afternoon.

In regard to the noise concern , we have hired an external consultant who is testing all units to isolate where we are experiencing issues and determine the amount of transfer. Although LEGO walls would be awesome, I can assure you the walls are standard width and are insulated with the required fire protection rating. We will determine the source of the issue and expect a solution to be applied in the near future, which we will share.

We have an regulated quite time at 10pm , where guest are encouraged to wind down from the activities and settle in for a great night sleep. Please reach out to the front desk and allow us to facilitate this courtesy for all if you ever experience high levels of noise.

If there is anything I can do too amend the experience please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Julius Rodriguez
Julius.rodriguez@legoland.com

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at the castle hotel. The rooms are so cute (we were in the princess room) and there is a lot of entertainment for the kids with a treasure hunt, outdoor movies, dance party and a great pool and playground. Our 3 year old had so much fun! I would recommend it to anybody with kids and it's even fun without going to legoland at all. The restaurant service was a very slow but that's ok, knowing they just opened and it was very busy. But the birthday package was dissapointing. I don't think think it was worth the money at all. The cake was average and we had to bring it to the restaurant by ourselves. Even with the cake on the table nobody acknowledged the birthday and we had to remind them after we were done eating that we would like the cake now. The lego toy was not worth the money (whole thing was worth about $50) and I would recommend just spending your $100 at the Lego store. But otherwise we had a great time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello Ricky,

I'm happy to see you had a great stay with us at the Castle Hotel. I'm sorry your birthday party didn't meet expectations and I'll be sure to forward your review to the appropriate department for future improvements and consideration. Thank you for sharing your review and have a great day!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

My family and I stayed at the Castle Hotel almost six weeks to the day after it opened. We visited Legoland last year and stayed at the Legoland Hotel. We were excited to be some of the first to stay at the new Castle Hotel, but after reading some of the reviews, I was apprehensive. I told my husband that we needed to go with an attitude of patience and be flexible, because there were a lot of reviews about late check-ins, slow service, and general confusion. However, I am happy to say that virtually none of it turned out to be true for us!

We arrived at the Castle Hotel at 11:00 am. I expected not to be able to get into our room until 4:00 or later, but we got the text that our room was ready at 1:30. The Hotel is exciting and immaculately themed, with lots of surprises for the kids. The playgrounds (BOTH of them), outside movie screen, and pool are gorgeous. My kid was in heaven.

We chose the 7:00-8:00 am breakfast slot and had no trouble getting in. We walked right in every day, and all of our servers were polite and attentive. Our coffee was always refilled. You can order your own omelette at the omelette station and not have to wait if you're worried about it. We never ate dinner at the Dragon's Den, but we did order room service one day. They got the order right and the food was good -- nothing to complain about there. The poolside grill had also just opened, so we had burgers, fries, and smoothies by the pool in under 10 minutes.

The only criticism I can give is that the couple of times we called to have items delivered to our room (luggage and supply restocking after we napped through the room cleaning time), it did take quite a long time for them to come up. But the hotel is brand new, and I imagine staffing and scheduling is still being fine tuned. With the supply restocking, my husband finally just went downstairs and talked to the front desk, and they literally opened the supply cupboard for him. So if time is of the essence, just make the trek down a floor or two. Think of it as an extra chance to ride in the enchanted elevator ;)

Oh, and we did have a courtyard-facing room. It is quite noisy until 10:00 pm, but you actually can't hear any of it from the kids' quarters, which have two walls between them and the outside. It didn't bother my child at all, and my husband and I didn't turn in before 10:00 pm anyway. But again, plan ahead and bring ear plugs if you're sensitive to noise, or just ask not to be courtyard-facing. Every single staff member we encountered was polite and helpful, especially the front-desk staff.

All in all, we agreed that we had a great time at the Castle Hotel and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EPColorado

Hello EPColorado,

Thank you so much for booking your stay with us. I'm happy to see that you were able to check in to your room earlier than anticipated. We appreciate you sharing all of your memorable experiences with us and excited to see you will be returning in the future. Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The hotel staff gave us different and inaccurate information about our stay when we checked into two rooms. The dining area is crowded, dirty, the buffet is not large enough for the amount of people in the room. After our trip I called the hotel the next day regarding clothing left in the room and after four calls/ conversations I have been told once to callback, once that seucrity would handle it and call me and twice guest services told me they would research it and call me back. I have never received a call or recovered my clothes. They were no help and did not care.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hi Loose5593,

I am very sorry that you left with the feeling that our team does not care, we do in fact care. Our only mission is to create memorable experience for families to share for years. I want to ensure that the details shared are not our standard of services nor are they the norm.

We have struggled to hire enough employees for our opening and have relied on many resort leaders to support and fill in the gaps until we achieve a full roster. We are closer to achieving our hiring goals and are actively training every day to improve service efficiency and quality. This surge of new hires seems to be impacting our services but our fast learning staff is quickly rising to the occasion.

I can confidently say that your next visit with us will be completely different and more in par with the standard you come to expect from LEGOLAND Hotels.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence in our services.

Julius Rodriguez