“Fish and chips”
Review of Britannia Arms

Britannia Arms
Ranked #21 of 110 Restaurants in Capitola
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Got the food to go quick convenient tasty food. Fish was good they were friendly Would go to eat again

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Visited twice, a year apart. Last year food was great as was the service. This time food was just o.k., and service was really poor.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I like this pub- it is clean the drinks are good - there is usually something to do here like trivia contests games etc. not for children

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This place overlooking the Capitola beach and ocean is a perfect place to enjoy drinks. However I would stay off the food. We ordered artichoke as appetizer. Over worked waitress (only one in the whole place), brought it with our food. Artichoke was not cleaned properly, tasteless, old and dry. As sauce we got a tablespoon of real old mayonnaise. I ordered Ruben sandwich with "Russian" sauce. What I got was not edible. The meat was very poor quality barely warmed in a microwave. Sauce was thousand island. There was half a teaspoon of sauerkraut. Even bread was like a cardboard. My wife's "caesar" salad was tasteless with "croutons" out of bread stuffing bag. We took tours of UK and spend weeks in London. This is not pub food. Pub food in England is great, this place has the worst food we had anywhere. Worst of it, it looks like they do not care about food at all, as they know they will trap unsuspecting tourists constantly because of their prime location.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

So I was walking along the beach in Capitola, a first time visitor, and saw the Britannia. Being a Brit, I was obliged to check it out and was very pleased I did. Great range of beers, both domestic and international (including a well presented and poured Bass Ale). The landlord is from Bermondsey, so we bonded over what they are doing with London Bridge Station. Then food outside (a sun trap BTW). Good seafood and regular bites, just what I needed. Haven't visited in the evening but will try to next time I'm there.