“Fantastic location, great beer, good food...recommended”
Review of Britannia Arms

Britannia Arms
Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Capitola
Reviewed 17 July 2017

So I was walking along the beach in Capitola, a first time visitor, and saw the Britannia. Being a Brit, I was obliged to check it out and was very pleased I did. Great range of beers, both domestic and international (including a well presented and poured Bass Ale). The landlord is from Bermondsey, so we bonded over what they are doing with London Bridge Station. Then food outside (a sun trap BTW). Good seafood and regular bites, just what I needed. Haven't visited in the evening but will try to next time I'm there.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Britannia on the beach is a good and easy place to drop in, assuming that parking can be found. My wife and I came late on a Sunday afternoon and found it remarkably light on visitors. Service was good. My Rueben Sandwich was decent and my wife had an Irish Stew that she thought was excellent. My wife drank a bubbly wine and I had a very good Uncle Dave's pint of beer. Costs were high, probably due to the location's rent. We'd guess that the place is full of active young people, particularly on Fridays and Saturdays, but it was the end of a day on the beach when we were there.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We sat on the patio overlooking the beach and the lawn where bands play on Wednesday evenings in the Summer, so we had music with our food. Food was good and reasonably priced. Service was slow, but that may have been a function of the crowd the music brought in.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Had the fish and chips. Delicious. It was football time so there was a crowd. But our server was fast and pleasant. If you are claustrophobic, it might feel crowded as the tables are very close together. Certainly a less expensive option compared to the places next to the beach.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

A warm welcome and tasty bacon butty pairs perfectly with the local draft IPA - English league football on big screen if you're feeling the need. Well worth a pint but don't ask for a cappuccino...

Date of visit: April 2017