All reviews tiger's nest vegetarian food central town non veg supportive staff an awesome view corner room bathroom floor rooms are spacious last leg loved this hotel bhutanese dishes nice property main building monastery wifi mountains
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Whenever I am in paro for business I have stayed there . Its a perfect gateaway from the busy city life of thimphu. I have stayed in most of the rooms but the favorite one of mine are the old cottages which has those old bhutanese paintings in the bathroom, perfect place to rest and have a warm soak and enjoy the beautiful paintings on the wall ( hope they don't take out the paintings !) . Rooms are nice they provide two heaters during the winter which is good . Food there is vegetrian which is perfect for me as I'm one. Location of the hotel is awesome as it is directly opposite to the famous tiger nest Monastry. So whenever you wake up the view is breathtaking. Staff there are very helpful and well mannered . Over all a perfect escape from my busy life .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank thinley j
Reviewed 1 August 2018

This hotel is still great!I had stayed here in 2010. I came back for another visit to this beautiful country.
-- The rooms are nice. deluxe room has bathtub
--the staffs are professional and nice.
-- This hotel is great if you want some quit place for yoga retreat.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This is a nice place. I visited Tiger Nest temple and was late to go back to the Thimpu. So stayed at this resort. The staffs are warm and nice. And checked on us. They also have nice spa--recommended after hike. The room was warm. I like the bath tub. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We stayed for two nights. To our surprise the property was under renovation but was not told at the time of booking. Implication limited no. of hotel staff and quality service. First the room allocated had broken ground boards. On notifying, we were immediately allocated a different same category room. Second, to our horror there was only us in the entire property (can be scary). Third, there was no warm water in the morning (they arranged for a bath in a different room). Fourth, T.V. was not working on Day 1. Fifth, the card swipe machine was not working at the time of check-out (had cash otherwise would have a difficult time!!). Sixth, the bed had some kind of bugs offering an uncomfortable sleep. Seventh, poor wifi (even though we are the only people in the hotel). Eighth, the door bolt had sharp edges which hurt the finger couple of times.

Only, good was the vegeterian food. The chef is a new appointee and was delivering his best.

There are other good properties. Can avoid unless there is a change in management style and the infrastructure service provision.

Room Tip: Avoid, poor infrastructure
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank agarwalkvikash
Tiger Nest R, General Manager at Tiger's Nest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We are really sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with our services.
Regarding your comment on our TV;during rainy season the cables within the region gets disturbed, but it was fixed the next day.
We are extremely alarmed by your statement regarding the bugs. We have not had any record of such an event for years.
We are currently taking steps to upgrade some of the room facilities.
Our main priority is to give the best and comfortable atmosphere. We hope that we could convince you to change your mind about another visit to our hotel. Please reach out to us directly at tigernestresort@gmail.com
It will be our pleasure to turn around your experience if you are willing to give us a chance.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Our stay at Tigers Nest was the most horrible experience.We had check in on the 5th July 2018 and had prior reservations for 5th and 6th July.The service was pathetic and the staff were unfriendly.Though the property is beautifully done with lovely woodwork but the maintenance of rooms were poor the rooms were not clean and the bathroom had water issues there was no hot water. We were so uncomfortable at the resort that we immediately check out on the 6th morning itself though we had paid for two nights.
I would not recommend this resort for your stay at Paro.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Tiger Nest R, General Manager at Tiger's Nest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. On your check-in date, you have demanded refund for your rooms before checking-in. Your online voucher has clearly mentioned the standard cancellation terms. I have explained the hotel policy regarding last minute cancellation. You than proceeded to check-in for the night. All our rooms are checked twice prior to the guest arrival. First by the room supervisor and later I personally check the rooms. Regarding the water; the housekeeping was sent to your room to check on water- it seems like you did not know how to operate the faucets. The housekeeping personal has shown you how to run the hot water. Later I have checked on you and even offered a different room if you felt uncomfortable. The next day, you demanded complimentary breakfast and threatened us with bad review – since you will not be refunded for cancellation.
We are still very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We hope to improve and provide you with better services in the future.