“Wonderful, interesting and BBB!!!”

Orchard City Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 196 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Love this addition to the Pruneyard. Been several times and never disappointed. Great range of foods for all eaters. Love the sharing concept - although I hog my Foie Gras LOL
Always start with the BBB (Bacon, Biscuits, Honey Butter) - so yummy and great with a drink

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Just thought it was a local family restaurant but it's much more. Quality of the food was excellent for the price and that's why the high rating, for the value. Of course the setting was nice and clean and wait staff very friendly and helpful. We had a group of 6 and shared and I thought everything was worthwhile on it's own. Looking forward to going back and trying something new. I heard they change their menu seasonally.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I've been wanting to try the OCK ever since they opened so decided to have lunch today. I chose the large plate scallops after asking the waiter how many scallops were on this plate. He said 4 or 5. Sooooo, the first thing I noticed when it arrived that there were only 3. They were surrounded by some corn and very small pastas. I figured, since this is a Micheline rated restaurant the flavors would be awesome. NOT. Just undercooked scallops and a rather bland sauce. When the waiter asked how it was I said I'm used to larger, satisfying portions and he offered to bring bread. When I received the bill I had been charged 3$ for bread. LOL it's bread, how can they charge for it when I purchased a scallop meal for 23$. I was so disappointed and will not go back. I didn't want to complain but needed to get my opinion out.

1  Thank Phyllis L
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I'm finally getting around to writing this review after coming here a bunch of times.

Long story short, I recommend coming here for brunch versus dinner.

It's true, this place can get really expensive for not a lot of food. I think that is really obvious at dinner and especially when your party is larger than 4. Even when it's just the hubby and I, we can spend close to $90 for food and drinks. I think each dish is a good portion for about 3 or 4 people to share. Once you have more people it gets harder to share such a small dish, unless you order more than 1 of each item. We still like to come to dinner from time to time since the menu changes and I love trying out new stuff. Definitely try to get reservations through Yelp if you can, dinner is always busy, and insane on Fri and Sat. If you couldn't get a reservation, there's open seating at the bar area.

Brunch is a different story. We're generally here for brunch, specially on Sundays after going to the Campbell's Farmer's Market. We never have to wait for brunch (we usually get here at opening thru 11am) They have a POG (passionfruit, orange, guava) mimosa and bloddy marys. But I usually order off the full cocktail menu (same menu for dinner), which also changes like the food menu. I love the cocktails here! And I know if there's nothing I like on the changing menu, I can always order the OG Milk Punch (just get it!). Back to the food...they have a couple of small dishes, but more "one-per-person" size portions, which makes brunch a bit cheaper than dinner.

My one gripe is that something not all the ingredients are listed on the menu. I despise cilantro *yuck* and once it was in a sauce that was on a breakfast sandwich. I took a bite of my sandwich and had to flag my waiter down to ask him if there was cilantro in it. He had no clue and it took him 15 mins to go find out in the kitchen. So if there's something you absolutely can't deal with foodwise, make sure your waiter/waitress double checks with the kitchen before you order!

And yes yes yes to the Triple B (Biscuit, Butter, Bacon). That biscuit and honey butter is magic. You can ask them to do just biscuits and butter if you're not in a bacon mood!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I visited the restaurant for a business Diner with may colleagues.
The drinks are ok. I had mr Everything. Good choice but would have prefered a scotch instead... next time...
Beer choice is fine.
They offer a good list of scoth.
The served to the groupe many appetizer or small plates... just delicious.
The sweet bacon is ... ouf !!!
the chicken balls, the ribs are great.
We had great time.
Service was a little slow but... we were a group so....