We were so excited upon arrival as this place looked amazing and we were taken to our villa by a little buggy. The detached villas look lovely from the outside but inside ours was slightly disappointing as it was quite dark and basic.
The resort is quite hilly but really picturesque. The swimming pool with swim-up bar was really lovely and the natural hot springs from the heat of the volcano were fabulous. There is also a natural sauna and mud bath to make your skin feel amazing.
There are plenty of activities to do. We booked a trip horse riding to the waterfalls - loved this as there was only the two of us and the guide. It rained so heavy on our way back that the guide actually returned us on horseback up the path to our villa!
We also did zip wiring across the canyon - a scary but amazing experience - we even eventually zipped upside down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hot Springs Spa at Borinquen Mountain Resort is your exclusive vacation spot located in Guanacaste in the North Pacific Region of Costa Rica.The Hotel was designed and created in 1999 with the sole purpose of unlocking the exceptional beauty of the Rincon de la Vieja countryside and bringing it to the world. When you visit Hotel Borinquen you are literally stepping into a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Rincon De La Vieja
- Resort Borinquen Mountain