1,144 results
All reviews botanical gardens dino park mud bath hummingbird garden hot springs zip lining costa rica front office horseback riding hot pools butterfly enclosure natural sauna front porch dirt road spring pools beautiful flowers remote location
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Booked this tour through Nexus tours (Sunwing) at the Riu Guanacaste resort. The tour was about 7 hours total (there and back), and included bus transportation where we drove to the Rincon de la Veija volcano. The sights were amazing, excellent view of the volcano even though it was a bit foggy (rainy season). We stopped at a local dairly farm on the way, where we were able to sample local beer and cheese (for a small price). The Blue River Resort was stunning, and we embarked on a rainforest jungle hike to a cool water fall where we could swim. We took a bus on the way back. Once back at the Blue River Resort, we enjoyed a tour of the botanical garden, butterfly gallery, volcanic mud baths, and hot springs. We had a couple of hours to ourselves to enjoy. Then we had a delicious lunch (alcohol was extra - a nominal fee). Overall I can't recommend this tour enough, my adult daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Blue River R, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hola and thank you very much!! Indeed, many of our 1-day adventures with transportation can be booked from throughout Guancaste. Contact us, e. through the website or by phone. The Grand Waterfalls and Blue River Adventure is particularly popular. However there is also the Water Tubing Adventure, Zip Lining and Tarzan Swing, Rafting, Cathedral Waterfalls and Dino Park. All are combined with time in natural hot springs, tours of the botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, natural mud bathing and sauna plus much more.

If I may indulge the readers, we have a very special announcement.
Blue River Resort & Hot Springs has been nominated. the 2018, Americas' Best Family Hotel. At the Worlds Boutique Hotel Awards Ceremony, taking place in London, England on November 8, 2018 the winner will be announced. The organization travells to all four corners of the globe, after which judges reviewed over 300 hotels. In attendance will be top luxury travel experts, press, and other passionate hotel owners and managers. We feel very honored to be included in this nomination and will be in attendance at the black tie affair. Wish us luck!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I wanted a quiet beautiful place to get away with nature for my birthday. This place was perfect! The natural hot spring pools and sauna were so relaxing and rejuvenating. Humming birds, butterflies, sloths and the most beautiful flowers all around. I truly felt close to nature and I was so relaxed. The manager Max was especially accommodating and made me feel special. Thank you for making this a memorable trip. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Blue River R, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hola! Both the staff and managers feel rejuvenated when reading your review - thank you. Please know that a new natural sauna is now under construction, nothing like it anywhere and something very impressive. Something to look forward to when you return. Again, with our appreciation.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We loved our trip to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. The staff are all very helpful & friendly. The hot springs were so relaxing. We loved the mud bath especially. We also enjoyed a great massage. Food is very good too, especially breakfast! Hope to be back again.

Room Tip: The King Cabana is very big.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Blue River R, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hola from the staff and management! Everyone here reads the TripAdvisor reviews and such words are adrenaline for us. Hopefully we see you soon again.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We booked reservation not knowing what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised.
The beauty of the rainforest, the magnificent foliage, the flowers that attracted so many hummingbirds.
We went zip-lining, saw waterfalls, enjoyed hot springs, had mud bath and massages. Visited Butterfly Garden, saw a true blue river. And, at the foot of the Volcano visited the only Dino Park in
Costa Rica. We were fortunate to have an encounter with a baby Slug that came down the tree, that was awesome.
And found their famous 1” green frog with orange eyes.
The food was great. The service was outstanding. The rooms were immaculate and specious.
We had a chance to relax and meditate.
I’m looking forward to my next trip there to do the rest of the things that I couldn’t squeeze into my itinerary.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Blue River R, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hola and Muchas Gracias! I'm assuming "slug" is a typo for"sloth" as the family has made a home inside the Botanical Gardens. Thank you again for choosing Blue River Resort for your authentic "Costa Rica" experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

To get there is a nice adventure and a lovely land scape. Rustic but beautiful with very nice gardens
The food and service were enjoyed by the family. The bet was the waterfall and the blue color of the water.
This place gave me the chance to be my self and enjoy the spa and what it can offer

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Blue River R, Owner at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hola! All of us - staff and management - are always thrilled to know that you enjoyed. Though you come for the awe inspiring nature and natural amenities we also love our work. I feel safe sense of freedom here, letting my own kids play in the pools and the bullet waterside, search for colorful birds, butterflies, sloths, monkeys, and then play with the miniature horses & donkeys and of course the dogs - plus much more.
Again, thanks for your visit and we hope you return soon!