See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The room was clean except it smelled like dog cleaner was used to clean the room. I like the idea of floating wood floors instead of carpet. The shower surround was cracked and you could see that the finish work in the room was shoddy. It was clean though. It was very dark when we arrived you could hardly see the motel from the street. Plenty of restaurants close by and Redhawk Casino is very close. The bed was comfortable. No hair dryer but this room had a microwave and fridge. It was expensive for a Motel Six I was surprised but there is only one other motel in Cameron Park. It seemed pretty secure for a Motel Six.

Room Tip: 1st floor close to pool was good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Kiki at the front desk is super nice# we have stayed here 4 times in the past month and every time we are greeted with a smile. Rooms and facility overall is clean, close to everything in the area. All in all a great visit, and we keep coming back for that reason.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marleen J
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Where do I start, the bed was comfortable & the shower pressure was good As for the rest, first thing we noticed was the dance floor in the room. The rooms are not carpeted. At one time our room must have had 2 queen beds because there is a large empty space that just looked like a dance floor. The only place to sit in the room was on the bed. No microwave or fridge. The smoke alarm was hanging by a wire a foot from the ceiling. There was a thick cable tacked to the walls that entered on one wall & ran out another wall, that wasn't so bad, just weird. The bathroom was a fright. The sink area was BADLY stained. The toiled paper holder was broken so the roll from the previous occupant was just sitting on the counter. It was splattered with ink & had other visible dirt on it. GROSS. All the walls needed to be wiped down. The staff at the front desk seemed to be irritated that we disturbed him to check in.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Jan, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The staff was very helpful and made me feel like I was a good friend that was coming over to spend the night, the manager was the best of all can making sure my stay comfortable and friendly and that the staff does the same. I've stayed in 3 or 4 different rooms in the past and they have all been consistently the same, for me this is a plus point. Overall the stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Shayne, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Not the best Motel I've stayed at, but it was o.k. as long as I left the bathroom light off. When we first arrived the fluorescent light was flickering, we removed it and maintenance quickly replaced it, but the fan was so freaking loud I just left the light off. The bed was more comfortable than the usual rock hard in hotels, so that was a plus! Not bad but not great.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Thank SpiritParticle'... B
mayjabeen, Guest Relations at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

I wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback as we listen to our customer and make changes to improve not just our property but how we take care of our guests. I want to apologize to you about the light as that should not have happened. Each room is to be inspected before it is rented and if there is an issue we will do our best to resolve it or change the room. If you ever do decide to come back and stay with us please let us know what your preference is and if there is anything we can to do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you do give us the opportunity to serve you better next time.