See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Kiki at the front desk is super nice# we have stayed here 4 times in the past month and every time we are greeted with a smile. Rooms and facility overall is clean, close to everything in the area. All in all a great visit, and we keep coming back for that reason.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marleen J
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Where do I start, the bed was comfortable & the shower pressure was good As for the rest, first thing we noticed was the dance floor in the room. The rooms are not carpeted. At one time our room must have had 2 queen beds because there is a large empty space that just looked like a dance floor. The only place to sit in the room was on the bed. No microwave or fridge. The smoke alarm was hanging by a wire a foot from the ceiling. There was a thick cable tacked to the walls that entered on one wall & ran out another wall, that wasn't so bad, just weird. The bathroom was a fright. The sink area was BADLY stained. The toiled paper holder was broken so the roll from the previous occupant was just sitting on the counter. It was splattered with ink & had other visible dirt on it. GROSS. All the walls needed to be wiped down. The staff at the front desk seemed to be irritated that we disturbed him to check in.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Jan, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The staff was very helpful and made me feel like I was a good friend that was coming over to spend the night, the manager was the best of all can making sure my stay comfortable and friendly and that the staff does the same. I've stayed in 3 or 4 different rooms in the past and they have all been consistently the same, for me this is a plus point. Overall the stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Shayne, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Not the best Motel I've stayed at, but it was o.k. as long as I left the bathroom light off. When we first arrived the fluorescent light was flickering, we removed it and maintenance quickly replaced it, but the fan was so freaking loud I just left the light off. The bed was more comfortable than the usual rock hard in hotels, so that was a plus! Not bad but not great.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Thank SpiritParticle'... B
mayjabeen, Guest Relations at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

I wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback as we listen to our customer and make changes to improve not just our property but how we take care of our guests. I want to apologize to you about the light as that should not have happened. Each room is to be inspected before it is rented and if there is an issue we will do our best to resolve it or change the room. If you ever do decide to come back and stay with us please let us know what your preference is and if there is anything we can to do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you do give us the opportunity to serve you better next time.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

First visited this location this time of year, 2013, and it was disastrous. Service from unprofessional, inexperienced clerks set the mark very low, even with repeated complaints to ownership/management. This time around, a complete difference! Arrived about 8:45 pm on a Monday. Office was locked, but directions next to a house phone were easy to follow. Clerk appeared behind a bank-type window. Older gentleman, very professional and solicitous. Gave me a discount for AAA, though I had left my card in my vehicle. Very courteous and respectful as well.

Arrived at a room in which I had stayed previously. I deposited my things and turned on the TV, which did not work. I notified the clerk, who immediately arrived at my room with tools, which he used to splice new cables, restoring the picture and sound. Great service! I then was treated to loud music from the parking lot, from the usual scum who hang out here. Again, I called the clerk who tended to it immediately. Two for Two, not like before.

The het worked great and the room was very clean. This place was one of the worst M6 properties, and there is still work to be done, specifically as to barring the local gentry from congregating here as if it were their private gathering hall. Other than that, vending is great, with all snacks now priced at $1 and free very strong WiFi. Checkout is one hour earlier than most other M6 locales, but 11:00 a.m. is late enough to vacate a motel room.

All in all, a very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: This place is sort of a last resort, as the locals tend to congregate here. Safe enough, but sometimes not conducive to relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business