See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2017

The staff was very helpful and made me feel like I was a good friend that was coming over to spend the night, the manager was the best of all can making sure my stay comfortable and friendly and that the staff does the same. I've stayed in 3 or 4 different rooms in the past and they have all been consistently the same, for me this is a plus point. Overall the stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Shayne, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Not the best Motel I've stayed at, but it was o.k. as long as I left the bathroom light off. When we first arrived the fluorescent light was flickering, we removed it and maintenance quickly replaced it, but the fan was so freaking loud I just left the light off. The bed was more comfortable than the usual rock hard in hotels, so that was a plus! Not bad but not great.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Thank SpiritParticle'... B
mayjabeen, Guest Relations at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

I wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback as we listen to our customer and make changes to improve not just our property but how we take care of our guests. I want to apologize to you about the light as that should not have happened. Each room is to be inspected before it is rented and if there is an issue we will do our best to resolve it or change the room. If you ever do decide to come back and stay with us please let us know what your preference is and if there is anything we can to do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you do give us the opportunity to serve you better next time.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

First visited this location this time of year, 2013, and it was disastrous. Service from unprofessional, inexperienced clerks set the mark very low, even with repeated complaints to ownership/management. This time around, a complete difference! Arrived about 8:45 pm on a Monday. Office was locked, but directions next to a house phone were easy to follow. Clerk appeared behind a bank-type window. Older gentleman, very professional and solicitous. Gave me a discount for AAA, though I had left my card in my vehicle. Very courteous and respectful as well.

Arrived at a room in which I had stayed previously. I deposited my things and turned on the TV, which did not work. I notified the clerk, who immediately arrived at my room with tools, which he used to splice new cables, restoring the picture and sound. Great service! I then was treated to loud music from the parking lot, from the usual scum who hang out here. Again, I called the clerk who tended to it immediately. Two for Two, not like before.

The het worked great and the room was very clean. This place was one of the worst M6 properties, and there is still work to be done, specifically as to barring the local gentry from congregating here as if it were their private gathering hall. Other than that, vending is great, with all snacks now priced at $1 and free very strong WiFi. Checkout is one hour earlier than most other M6 locales, but 11:00 a.m. is late enough to vacate a motel room.

All in all, a very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: This place is sort of a last resort, as the locals tend to congregate here. Safe enough, but sometimes not conducive to relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Abie S
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is the worst Motel 6 I have ever seen. The offer weekly rates which means people live at the hotel. Interior entrances with disgusting black smelly carpet. Rooms have been updated with laminate flooring, but they aren't clean. The beds are terrible! The staff rude. Phone didn't work, pool was full of leaves and not useable, people/children running through the halls at all hours banging on doors, screaming, crying. Walls, floors, comforters dirty. Spend the extra money and stay at the Quality Inn a block away.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

One of the worst motel 6 or any other brand of hotel that I have ever stayed. I have bug bites and both of my ankles from what I think may be fleas from other tenants. I did tell the front desk and they seemed disinterested to do anything. Recently updated, but still the curtains were tattered, and falling off the rod, and the floor, although it looked clean, was atrociously dirty as my slipper socks were absolutely black. I requested a non-smoking room, but what does it matter when the room surrounding and across were not. The hallways were dark and very noisy and the walls are paper thin. Seems like a lot of rooms were occupied by people who lived there permanently with their dogs everywhere. So happy to leave and even cut my trip short because of this disasterous motel. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! Super 8 was smart to let this one go!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank X5450XTpaulac
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.