All reviews small pillows bed mattress room was clean flat screen tv older hotel placerville fridge dryer vanity gym
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night while traveling through town and pretty much everything was great. Great price, people were friendly, bed was comfortable(pillow covers kinda stunk) room was clean and was a big room, shower was great. Breakfast was great, had lots of variety to choose from. I would and will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Check in took far too long, computer wouldn’t accept my AAA data. Room was 62 degrees, took an hour to warm it to 71. Carpet looks clean but is very worn. Had to have desk clerk come to room to show us the remote “trick” to get the tv to work. Bed mattress is ok.
Price very good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

By far the most expensive roach motel around! Drug users in one room, prostitution in the next oh and underage drinkers puking outside your door at 2 am and a window that didn’t want to close. Room was OUTDATED, and the hotel desk and maid service is a huge joke! But when you work at a roach motel, that’s the kind of service you get. My sheets where dirty and the room smelled like someone died in it. Disgusting!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaArmy6658
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stay every year. One night. Best hotel for Cameron Park. Dated room but clean. Large room. refrigerator , micro and coffee maker. Good warm breakfast included on stay.Large swim pool gym.Next to Hwy 50 an stores for everything for food etc.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bynner
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Stayed here on a Friday night, as I needed to be at the Placerville Fairgrounds early in the morning, and live about 3 hours away. I did not want to spend a lot of money. It is not the Marriot, but I DID NOT pay a "Marriot Price:)" Sure it is older, however my room was super clean, and BIG; I reserved the room with a kitchen spot, and a table for sitting around, for a few dollars more. The bed / mattress was the BEST! I have never slept more comfortably. Air in the room was fresh, fresh not a hint of any kind of smoke. Breakfast was step above what I expected, consisting of the typical "continental" layout, but also included hot scramble type eggs and warm, delicious sausages. Desk / welcoming staff was super friendly. The lobby was clean and inviting. Lots of food places across the street. It is only two story, which is nice for me. I really dislike going through a dozen lobbies to halls and elevators to find my room. I love the simple quaintness, 50s, 60s? Door to car is less than 3 minutes. I could see my car from my window. The down side: It was a little noisy, traffic on the main street, children were running around playing (I like kids), which I found charming, very low water pressure (thinking drought conservation), and a buzz noise went off in the stove vent hood a couple of times. The breakfast room is small, not a problem if things are slow. I would stay there again. There is a laundry area. I DO recommend it, and give it 4 stars, not because it is a 4 star hotel, but a nice, older hotel deserving a 4 star review.

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars and get the bigger room, the upgrade that has the kitchen spot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo