“Quality Inn & Suites NICE FOR THE PRICE:)”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Stayed here on a Friday night, as I needed to be at the Placerville Fairgrounds early in the morning, and live about 3 hours away. I did not want to spend a lot of money. It is not the Marriot, but I DID NOT pay a "Marriot Price:)" Sure it is older, however my room was super clean, and BIG; I reserved the room with a kitchen spot, and a table for sitting around, for a few dollars more. The bed / mattress was the BEST! I have never slept more comfortably. Air in the room was fresh, fresh not a hint of any kind of smoke. Breakfast was step above what I expected, consisting of the typical "continental" layout, but also included hot scramble type eggs and warm, delicious sausages. Desk / welcoming staff was super friendly. The lobby was clean and inviting. Lots of food places across the street. It is only two story, which is nice for me. I really dislike going through a dozen lobbies to halls and elevators to find my room. I love the simple quaintness, 50s, 60s? Door to car is less than 3 minutes. I could see my car from my window. The down side: It was a little noisy, traffic on the main street, children were running around playing (I like kids), which I found charming, very low water pressure (thinking drought conservation), and a buzz noise went off in the stove vent hood a couple of times. The breakfast room is small, not a problem if things are slow. I would stay there again. There is a laundry area. I DO recommend it, and give it 4 stars, not because it is a 4 star hotel, but a nice, older hotel deserving a 4 star review.

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars and get the bigger room, the upgrade that has the kitchen spot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Where do I start? Clientele (possibly a shelter situation). A fight that broke out between the couple next door at 10:00 PM (they had to move them out). The corridor breakfast area that was hard to menuever in and had flies really bad. We just ate at Mc Donalds across the street. The first room (209) that we were given and didn't take because of bad plumbing and weird pocket door (that had a gaped opening) leading to another area. The second room 231 wasn't too much better. The wall hairdryer didn't work and the room was not cleaned (even though we removed the "do not disturb" sign when we left that first morning).

But on the good side, the A/C was great and the lobby and staff were nice. The manager (Adam Sangha) never returned our calls about our complaints.

Room Tip: Can't really do that for this place
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Just off the US 50 interchange at the Cameron Park exit, it is visible from the road. This motel two-story property with lots of parking in front, with easy access right on the main street. Very nice staff at desk greet us and it was a quick easy check-in…and the provide you free USA today newspaper daily; there is a very small but separate breakfast room with breakfast served from 6 to 9 in the morning. Most of the guest we saw were workmen and the parking lot was filled with ½ pickups. The room was about 15 x 30, with a large air conditioning unit on the entry wall, which was quite loud – but blocked out the outside noises. Room come with full length mirror, flat screen 35” TV, small writing desk, king bed with pretty firm mattress, a small round table with two chairs in front of the window & A/C, open closet area, micro, small fridge, coffee maker, and vanity with separate room for the toilet and shower which is a nice touch allowing both people to use the facilities at the same time. Only problem with the toilet is it's a low-boy and not elongated, which makes it difficult for men because of the water level being so high as well as difficult for people to stand up because the seat is so low to the ground. King size bed was comfortable, but only four small pillows. So I had to ask for more. We had ground floor so in the early AM we heard considerable amount of noise and foot-thuds from 2nd floor…breakfast had fresh juice/coffee and small assortment including pancakes and eggs. Overall, very nice front desk lady, rooms clean and location good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is an older motel style. The room was comfy but shows some wear and tear. They did a good job with my special request although didn't acknowledge it. Has a larger fridge than most, microwave, large flat screen tv. Breakfast started at 6 am but was a bit less expansive than others on the trip. No peanut butter, oatmeal was only the sweetened instant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year as there is limited choice in hotels in Cameron Park. It's older, but dirty, needs painting and updating overall. Rooms were clean but old. Low water pressure in my room and temp fluctuated frequently. Breakfast is biggest issue with a very small, narrow hallway type area with very limited seating. Frankly it's irritating. Long lines to get food and hard to move around. Some seating outside but hard to juggle food, drinks back and forth. Might try Placerville next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
19.3 km away
Larkspur Landing Folsom
12.3 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!