“Cute Little Thai Place”
Review of IThai Restaurant

IThai Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 216 Restaurants in Camarillo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Be careful, or you'll drive right by the entrance to the parking lot. Minimal inside seating, also does take away. Lovely Pad Thai, Chicken Satay, bubble tea. Service was slow... almost like there was 1 cook making each of our (9!!) dishes individually. So be prepared to be there awhile. Otherwise, lovely time.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Been open 1 1/2 years, but our first time here. Had Pud Thai with beef and chicken curry on rice. Generous portions. Delicious! Told owners we were going to Thailand in 2 weeks. They wrote down restaurants in Bangkok that they recommend. Very friendly. This restaurant at Ventura Blvd & Lewis Rd a little out of the way, but worth the trip highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped by here for the first time and the one that attracted my attention is the waitress's smiling and friendly face. The prices are least expensive because the servings are small. I tried for the first time Panang with crispy pork or chicharon and it was good. The alacarte does not come with rice so you have to order it for $2 a cup. This place is hard to find but it is across the train station.....same area where Establos meat market is. Overall, I recommend this place

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I moved from the San Francisco Bay area seven years ago, and I have not found an authentic Thai restaurant in the Camarillo/Newbury Park area. (Too Americanized) Then last night I found this gem! My family ordered the Pad Thai which was not heavily sauced or oily. It was perfectly light with giant fried pillows of tofu (you can get any type of meat with it, but we decided on the fried tofu) to sop up any sauce. My son ordered the orange chicken which was generous with chicken, not over fried, and glazed with a light orange/vinegar sauce. Not exactly Thai, but better than any orange chicken at a Chinese restaurant. The spinach with cashews and pork were filling and delicious. The sauce was slightly more salty than I like, but that would not stop me from ordering it again. We ordered Panang curry to take for lunches the next day, and this, I think, was the best curry I ever had. The flavors were individual, yet converged. How do they do that? Let me explain: Unlike other restaurants where a single kaffir lime leave is thrown on at the last minute, this curry had clearly been simmered with these leaves to draw out their subtle flavor. The veggies in the curry were cooked perfectly, and when I ate the eggplant in the curry, I thought I died and went to heaven. The soft eggplant had a small hint of natural sweetness that I have never tasted before. Lastly, there was no holding back on the chicken in the dish. This service was excellent, and it is slow because everything is made home-made. This dining experience is not meant to be rushed: go to Panda Express or Elegant Thai for that experience. This dining experience is like sitting at a Thai friend's house, smelling the wonderful aromas, and anticipating the dishes that will arrive at your table soon! Go check out ithai restaurant: you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Lived in Camarillo for over 10 years. Been to most of the restaurants in town several times including all the Thai restaurants.
Even though IThai is relatively new, it is our favorite Thai restaurant in Camarillo. The restaurant is owned by a local family and the service by Somjit is awesome :)

We've been here 5-6 times. The lunch specials are good, but we normally order a la carte. The best dishes are Tom Yum soup with shrimp, drunken noodles with crispy pork, and panang curry with chicken. The kids like the salmon tempura and calamari.