“Best Thai restaurant in Ventura County!”
Review of IThai Restaurant

IThai Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 221 Restaurants in Camarillo
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I moved from the San Francisco Bay area seven years ago, and I have not found an authentic Thai restaurant in the Camarillo/Newbury Park area. (Too Americanized) Then last night I found this gem! My family ordered the Pad Thai which was not heavily sauced or oily. It was perfectly light with giant fried pillows of tofu (you can get any type of meat with it, but we decided on the fried tofu) to sop up any sauce. My son ordered the orange chicken which was generous with chicken, not over fried, and glazed with a light orange/vinegar sauce. Not exactly Thai, but better than any orange chicken at a Chinese restaurant. The spinach with cashews and pork were filling and delicious. The sauce was slightly more salty than I like, but that would not stop me from ordering it again. We ordered Panang curry to take for lunches the next day, and this, I think, was the best curry I ever had. The flavors were individual, yet converged. How do they do that? Let me explain: Unlike other restaurants where a single kaffir lime leave is thrown on at the last minute, this curry had clearly been simmered with these leaves to draw out their subtle flavor. The veggies in the curry were cooked perfectly, and when I ate the eggplant in the curry, I thought I died and went to heaven. The soft eggplant had a small hint of natural sweetness that I have never tasted before. Lastly, there was no holding back on the chicken in the dish. This service was excellent, and it is slow because everything is made home-made. This dining experience is not meant to be rushed: go to Panda Express or Elegant Thai for that experience. This dining experience is like sitting at a Thai friend's house, smelling the wonderful aromas, and anticipating the dishes that will arrive at your table soon! Go check out ithai restaurant: you will be glad you did.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Lived in Camarillo for over 10 years. Been to most of the restaurants in town several times including all the Thai restaurants.
Even though IThai is relatively new, it is our favorite Thai restaurant in Camarillo. The restaurant is owned by a local family and the service by Somjit is awesome :)

We've been here 5-6 times. The lunch specials are good, but we normally order a la carte. The best dishes are Tom Yum soup with shrimp, drunken noodles with crispy pork, and panang curry with chicken. The kids like the salmon tempura and calamari.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We have visited "IThai" three times and ordered about ten different dishes, all of which have been delicious. I love it that I can order the "heat" on a scale of 1 to 10. I do well with a 3 or 4. The service is excellent and the food is amazing. Also, one portion is easily enough for two meals, especially since the soup is so good. What more can I say? I've visited many Thai restaurants over the years, but this one's the best and the owner is a delight.

It's located right across from the train station in Camarillo where you can park or you can park in the rear parking lot behind the building or behind Rocket Fizz.

No matter what entree you order, don't forget the Mango Sticky Rice. The mangos melt in your mouth. It's amazing.

Date of visit: September 2015