See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My family & I stayed at this hotel as a wedding guest/bridal party. The hotel room was very clean, looked newly remodeled & we were happy with that. The wedding party & guests were mostly accommodated on the second floor. This floor smelled a little bit like sewer...although the room was clean, spacious & updated, we stayed in one facing the freeway and the noise from the traffic & freeway was really loud. You could also hear the plumbing in the walls, other toilets flushing etc. When first arriving, the gentleman at the front desk helping check us in was really confusing in the way he explained how we were going to be accommodated as wedding guests & what rooms were ready or blocked for the wedding guests etc, it was a strange experience. The breakfast is included in the price of your stay, & they have a variety of mediocre things, nothing special, the WiFi never worked, but we didn’t spend enough time in our room to need it. The elevator is very slow, and could be updated. Obviously you’re not staying at a four seasons & paying those prices, so for what it was it was fine.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gabi T
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We love Holiday Inn! This location was no different, however I would say please check for your necessary items as soon as you arrive in the room. I didn’t realize until I was stepping into the shower that there were no bath towels. Other than that it was a perfect stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived at this dump of a hotel after a two hour drive from L.A. to find a letter telling us they were overbooked and sending us to a hotel 45 minutes back towards Los Angeles. Front desk clerk refused to call his manager or give us a number to call her. We told him to find us another hotel in the area or on the way to Santa Barbara where we were heading and he refused to try. Called IHG and they were less than helpful although they did call this clerk and told him to call the hotel in Santa Barbara. He then said to us "oh, you want me to find another hotel for you?" Then he finally called his manager and it took 45 minutes for these people to figure out how to get us a room in SB after I had to call that hotel and get them to hold a room for us. The clerk took his name tag off after our first interaction and removed the manager's plaque from the wall. Unprofessional behavior condoned by Holiday Inn who simply said "we will document your complaint"

Do not book this hotel. They are ranked 9 out of 10 in this area for a good reason.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jrgray
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Location is right next to the freeway, so you can hear the noise from the tractor trailers that may wake you up. Not a good place to stay if you’re a light sleeper.

The hotel is really close to the Camarillo outlet, we did some shopping before our trip down to LA.

I booked this hotel using points, a few days after checkout, I see a charge on my credit card for the stay. I emailed this property and they did not respond. Luckily, the corporate office was able to issue a refund.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I have stayed at the HIE in Camarillo 3 times since it opened and had a very good experience each time. I do ask to be on the back side, away from traffic when I stay there and with that I have had no noise from the highway at all. They are still remodeling so there is work going on during the day so tough to "sleep in". My last stay was 7-11-18 and it looked like it would be completed in the next few weeks. Breakfast was good, in-line with other HEI I have stayed at and the staff was helpful and courteous. Decent work out room with some free weights which is appreciated.

Room tip: Back side away from Highway is quieter
Date of stay: July 2018