All reviews full size fridge separate bedroom local wedding easy chair floor plan comfortable hotel the sofa bed mini kitchen yogurt would stay here again stayed here for nights make your own waffles sink area the young lady short drive room was large business traveler
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Do you select a property based on a Brand Name/Logo and arrive with certain expectations? Will the Brand Name/Logo be enough to sacrifice the immediate locale or neighborhood where the property is located? I have in the past but after this week's experience in a venue that I stayed in multiple times I will change my expectations going forward.
While it's all true about the comfort and Quality of appointments that are present at this property, what's missing is a reasonable security compliment-especially for the room-night fees that are charged in a neighborhood that is in a high-crime rate area as the local law enforcement illustrated for me. The locked tailgate assembly off the back of my 2014 F350 was stolen three nights into my stay between 10p and 5a just 70 feet from the front door of the hotel.
Yes, most venues clearly state that parking lot security-loss or damage is at the customer's risk- got it. Did anyone know that there are no parking lot cameras at this property? There isn't. Ask the local sheriff's deputies about the neighborhood sitting between an on/off ramp for CA-101; in and out easily with reams of reports covering theft and vandalism both on the hotel property and the adjacent properties as well.
The gentleman who prepares breakfast for the guests says he comes in early to prepare for the day, and he also says he doesn't park in the back where the employees are encouraged to park because of the theft that goes on in the back lot.
Nice bit of advice...
Some camera coverage in the hallways and the requisite 'use your key to enter at night' but no roaming house detective on the payroll. In that neighborhood, Really?
Okay, I understand costs and overhead but guest security shouldn't be compromised if the property is located in an environment as well documented as this one is. I allowed myself to become complacent- as a +100 night-a-year traveler that's not a good thing.
My problem with this venue is the nonchalance the night manager had as well as the morning manager who relieved the night manager. Both gladly reminded me that anything outside is at my own risk with the ease of delivery bordering on smugness. Although the deputy who made the field report sighed in disappointment he did say that as close to the front door as I was parked, video may have provided some information that could have been used to identify the petty little thieves.
Going forward; I let my travel coordinators at work know about the lack of security or preventive measures on this property to dissuade my coworkers from the high risk they would be exposed to: if the outside is easily compromised how long does it take for your room security to be compromised by an unattended door that doesn't get closed? I won't return.
Comfort isn't everything... Choose wisely!

Room Tip: High floor- if you have an upstairs neighbor you'll hear every footstep.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Josie W, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel. I am very disappointed to learn of this incident taking place. We take the security of our guests inside and outside of the hotel very seriously and work closely with law enforcement to provide and enforce security in our parking lot. The Camarillo is certainly a low crime area, we rarely have issues with crime here. The local police department and our own staff patrol our lot several times day and night to circumvent any potential incidents.

We appreciate your business and truly hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future and surpass your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at (805) 388 7997 should you have any questions or if you would like to discuss this further.

Dan R.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Check-in lady Crystal was friendly and very easy on the eyes after a congested drive down the 101. They have some evening food mon-wed and a buffet breakfast with protein, brie, fresh fruit and chobani yogurt. This place allows pets and the walls are not very thick. Close to outlet, restaurants, 76 gas station across street.

Stayed: May 2018
Josie W, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. We are looking forward to you staying with us again.

Dan R.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights - check in was a breeze. - there is plenty of parking available so it was never an issue. The suites are very spacious - have a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen feel. Full size kitchen with fridge and stove, dishwasher, etc. The breakfast is quite a large spread and it is a convenient feature to get some breakfast in before heading for work.

The hotel is located on Route 101 - so you will hear the traffic in the mornings and evenings but the nights were generally quite and I didn't have any issues sleeping

Only inconsistent issue was house keeping. on the last day, I came back to my room at 4 PM to find that house keeping had not cleaned my room. That was not very pleasant.

Overall a good hotel with housekeeping issues. Will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018

My family and I have stayed here twice. Great hotel and great location. The hotel has been remodeled. Rooms and common areas are very clean and spacious. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast. This is a pet friendly hotel. Lots of grass for dogs. Location is perfect. Located next to Pleasant Valley fields and downtown. We will be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Top floor facing South towards Pleasant Valley fields
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank brianjhenderson1978
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Spent one night at the RI Camarillo in January on our way up the coast to Pismo Beach. Comfortable hotel with some remodeling taking place throughout the hotel. Room was large and had everything we needed. Breakfast was usually fare with adequate seating.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple