“Lovely hideaway, close to everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Washington Street Lodging
Ranked #20 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Tucked in behind the owner's house, these 5 units are a charming surprise. Our unit was a small apartment, with a full kitchen. The central area between the units has big trees, lovely flowers, a fire ring and comfortable seating. At the edge of the property is a brook.

The location is so handy - just a couple of blocks from the main street of Calistoga. On a tip from a friend, we booked here, mainly because we had spa appointments in Calistoga and because we needed a place that would accommodate my sister's cat. Although it is amazingly pet friendly, it is spotlessly clean. And very popular with pet owners. As we arrived, we saw a couple checking out with two standard poodles, and the next occupants of that unit had a pair of weinmaraners.

The unit was bright and beautiful with lots of nice, homey but not cutesy touches. The bedding was topnotch, and it was a very quiet location for a good night's sleep.

The owner sped up the cleaning to allow us an early check-in (before noon!) so we could move the cat in and get to our afternoon at Dr Wilkinson's mudbaths - terrific, too! I would definitely make it a point to come back for both the spa and the lodging!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank oscar505

Reviewed 18 February 2009

My husband and I picked this location from a website search. I thought it would be "quaint." It was perfect. The owner came out to give us our keys and show us the room, Cottage 4 and stayed out of our way. The items aren't new, hence the cottage look but they do provide the necessary items. It was very relaxing, you do here the kids from the school but it's not loud. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramsey4
Reviewed 30 August 2008

Excellent location for touring the wineries by car in the day then walking into town at night for lots of loverly restaurants.
We stayed in cottage 3 - it is small but very cosy. The decking over the river provides a lovely spot to sit and relax with your bottle of wine. The most off putting thing about the cottage was that it was quite dark and the decor did not help - however it was clean and fresh towels were provided daily. We stayed for 4 nights and while I was unsure at the start I really quite liked it by the time I left - the quaintness had grown on me. If you like big modern hotel rooms then you will probably not like this place however if you are prepared to have a more open mind and go with the flow you will probably love it!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank spags4
Reviewed 29 January 2007

We found this place through the AAA book and went online to check it out. The advertised internet special was great and the idea of a little cottage in Napa was enticing.

We found our check-in to be the easiest I have experienced in my life. A gentleman (presumeably the owner) promptly came to the door when we pulled in and showed us to cottage #5. He left us the keys and disappeared. Nothing to sign, no credit card to put down...nada! It was great!

We stayed two nights and enjoyed the bonus of a kitchen, dining table, sitting room, coupons, directories, extra blankets, etc. etc. that this place had to offer.

I just read a negative review of this place and I can see if you expect a 5 Star place that you might be disappointed in the quality. However, we found it clean and cozy for our purposes and definately worth what we paid.

We also appreciated the quiet neighborhood and the stream out back that lulled us to sleep. We also thought it was great that within 5 minutes you can walk to the main street in Calistoga for dinner or drinks.

Although I was with a friend and not on a romantic getaway, if I were to come to this area again with a significant other I would definately consider the charm of this place first!

Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank whiteagles
Reviewed 25 September 2006

We were unhappy with our stay at the Washington Street Lodging cottages. While the owner, Joan was nice enough and agreed to our decision to cancel the last of 3 nights there, we wouldn't go back. For $140 a night, we rented cottage # 3. You have to pay cash....they don't take credit cards.

The brochure encourages guests to relax in the courtyard area; that might be possible if someone thought to clean and turn the cushions on the furniture once in a while. They were full of debris from the surrounding trees and pet hair. The cottage itself was tired and needed a good cleaning and a makeover. There were cobwebs on a shelf in the "sitting room" and the carpet in there looked like it hadn't been cleaned in forever. The sitting room is one chair and a floor lamp...period. The deck was a good size but you needed to watch where you walked because nailheads, over time, had poked their way up through the wood and could cause you to trip.

The queen bed was worn on both sides and had indentations...old. The pillows were soft and really smushy...totally uncomfortable. The blue shag carpet in the bedroom area was dirty and had spots. In fact, I threw my slippers out after walking in there - they were full of what looked like pet hair. The bathroom door was filthy....needed a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint and the floor wasn't clean.

Overall, it was a disappointment and we can't recommend it. The best feature is the close walk to downtown Calistoga.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple