All reviews indoor pool bbq area mud bath the main street beautiful flowers picnic tables hot springs rooms are clean get away hot pools cal mart wine country napa valley warm water full kitchen relaxing getaway restaurants and shops
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit.
My room was extremely convenient to the pools, hot tub, & not being the only room inside the gated area. A little more pricey but a great convenience, especially if you don’t remember to bring a robe! My only reservation about this review was that the sauna in the men’s area was not working properly when I tried to use it on my final day. I alerted management but was not able to hang around long enough to enjoy the sauna. It was backed up and running. Perhaps next time?! The town of Calistoga is quite lovely. Many eateries and shops within a close walking distance to the resort.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and took advantage of the amazing geothermal water Calistoga has deep below our town. I apologize for the men's sauna not working at the end of your stay, we strive for every aspect of our facility to be working 100%, but sometimes that isn't reality. We look forward to your return visit and serving you again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There is something so tranquil and easy going about the Roman Spa that I feel better just thinking about being there. It is, of course, even better to actually be there in any one of the hot pools, or just lounging in the sun, or reading on one of the outdoor sofas. We often call it the "good hospital" because we have spa "procedures" and get to lie around and heal our bodies and souls. Best vacation spot.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your very kind comments and the reference to the Roman Spa as a "good hospital," what an honor to have someone tell us we are "healing their body and soul." We continuously strive to make each stay a memorable experience for our guests, I'm so happy to know we achieve that goal with you.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Our stare at Roman spa was delightfully relaxing and an overall wonderful experience. There was a man in a room above ours stomping at 5 o’clock in the morning one day, but that is not the fault of the resort. The pools were super yummy as were the spa treatments. We find the staff to be delightful and very helpful The location of the resort is wonderful you and proximityv The location of the resort as wonderfully in Close proximity to the main strip in Calistoga. It’s a great place and the great value and we would certainly return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay which included the geothermal pools and spa treatments. We're happy to hear of your desire to return and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Excellent! The pools are always well maintained and the place is decorated so beautifully for all holidays. The office staff are so helpful and friendly. I like the tables and chairs outside which are conducive to reading and visiting.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elyse Q, Guest Relations Manager at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Paul,
Thank you for your review and kind comments. I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate knowing our seasonal decorations caught your eye. If you return during the Christmas holidays, you will experience an all-out dazzling display of lighted garland on every banister and balcony, wreaths, a beautiful lobby with a Christmas tree and decorations as well as poinsettias around the pool. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Mom and I loved the beautifully maintained gardens and variety of temperatures in the pools.Calistoga is getting very expensive. Stop by the visitor's center for info on 2 for 1 tastings and happy hours.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad you and your mom enjoyed your time with us and in our wonderful town. May I suggest visiting during the off-season and midweek, where discounts and value added packages are more readily available. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.