All reviews indoor pool the main street mud bath beautiful flowers hot springs rooms are clean get away cal mart napa valley full kitchen relaxing getaway mineral water girls weekend wine tasting restaurants and shops grounds tulips
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We had a great weekend get away and would love to come back. The grounds are so neatly groomed with lovely trees for shade and tables to picnic on. We stayed around the pool reading and swimming. It is really a gem.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground floor but I think upstairs looked nice with some balcony seating.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the comments about our grounds which we all take immense pride in and our landscaping staff carefully maintains. We hope you will be able to return and we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This resort is vastly overpriced for a tiny motel room and tiny pool. The management is stingy with the towels and added many hidden additional charges. The town is lovely but I recommend you stay somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Sylvia,
I'm sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. However, your comments related to "hidden additional charges" baffles me. Since you booked your reservation through Expedia, a full complement of room photos as well as square footage size of the room, additional fees (roll-away), and property photos which included the pool areas were listed. Upon arrival, having a 5th person, incurred an additional fee as well as the roll-away, which should be expected. As far as our "stingy" towel policy, we are more than happy to exchange one for one all day long, but with the need to conserve water in California as well as to remain environmentally friendly, most resorts on the West Coast limit the number of towels per person at any one time.

I'm glad you enjoyed our quaint town, and hope you will return to Calistoga some day. I am sure next time you will find the resort that best meets your desires.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice experience. Small rooms but very nice. Grounds are lovely and enjoyed the pools. Only negative I can mention is office opens at 8am and it is where coffee is available to guests. Early risers are on their own for morning cup of coffee.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful geothermal pools. For the future, we do have different room types that will provide additional room if you desire a size larger than a standard hotel room. As an aside, each room does have a single cup coffee maker which would provide that first cup of coffee prior to 8 am.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel! The staff, mineral pools and location were perfect. We booked the mud baths and massages one morning and could not have had a better experience. We didn’t even use our car once there as downtown was one street away and walked there and used the convenient rental bikes outside our door to explore the wineries nearby. This town is adorable and has excellent restaurants nearby. I can’t wait to come back again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, our town, and our spa treatments. Calistoga has so much to offer, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Was here for the first time on vacation from NJ with not much of a sense for what to expect from a spa associated with a hot springs resort. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had a facial, massage, reiki session and foot refresher, all with Kelly, and was incredibly impressed. For an east coast girl, this spa is not traditional or fancy, but the staff definitely gets the job done. If you’re staying at the resort, it couldn’t be more accessible as it’s literally a 2 min walk from any guest room. They have lots of openings so if you book last minute you’ll probably be okay but I would advise some planning to avoid chance. Ask for Kelly. He’s been in the field for over 20 years, is very intuitive, friendly and talented.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Carly,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your spa experience. I'm so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your treatments and you took full advantage of many of our offerings. As a boutique hotel and spa centered around geothermal water, the only treatment you missed was Calistoga's famous mud baths which are a wonderful preparation for your muscles prior to a massage. Kelly is a very talented and seasoned masseuse as you stated, along with most of our therapists.
I do hope you return to Calistoga and we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.