UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$194
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Aurora Park Cottages(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$204
Orbitz.com
The Craftsman Inn(Calistoga)
US$238
US$229
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$306/night.

US$353
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$261
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$674
US$565
Official Website
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$689/night.

US$1,325
US$905
Official Website
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,176/night.

All reviewshistoric hotelrestaurant downstairsan older hotelhot tubdowntown calistogaprivate jacuzzino elevatorpool areadesk staffthe cottagesthe staff was friendly and helpfulcomplimentary bottle of winethe main streetwedding weekendcomplimentary breakfastlincoln avemy fiance
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We stayed in the cottages for our honeymoon last week and enjoyed everything but the bed. The staff was super nice and (continuing a theme) helpful especially I think his name was Matthew. The little cottages include a outdoor bath (bath tub, not hot tub, water changes every time) and there are french doors that open up on to it which is really nice. I do wish they would build up a trellis or screen a little higher as I think some people in the upstairs of the hotel got a couple glimpses of the new wife making naked jaunts out to the tub. They can peep me all they want in my Adonis like glory.

The only knocks, and I understand they are very subjective, are the bed and the massage I got. The bed is a queen and considering that those cottages are likely to house couples, they really need a king in there. Unless there is a height restriction on occupants. I about hip checked the wife to the floor a couple times. The other thing is the massage I got. It was the signature massage (couples massage) and it was pretty weak. The wife says hers was one of the best she has ever had (a guy with a mustache as I recall) but the woman that gave me mine really struggled. I dont know if she was tired from a previous one or what. They were both very nice but out of the 80 min massage she applied pressure maybe 5 mins of it despite my telling her to go to town at the beginning and commenting multiple times about how it hurt so good (this sounds so lascivious when I put it in writing). It was just a very disappointing massage for $180, maybe it was just the one time or maybe it was me not communicating appropriately but thats what Im left with.

We would definitely consider staying there again but despite my loving the little yard space with the cottage, I couldnt do that bed again so we'd have to stay inside. Also, it is pretty pricey (~$400/night) so we'd have to think long and hard about it. The location is great though and the people are good. Our stay was a thumbs up but I'm left with a wandering eye when we head up there again in a couple months.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Debbgre, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear Cade P:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your time and your candid feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel for the most part. I appreciate hearing the good and not so good as this is the way we can make changes to our property. We use our guests feedback to make appropriate changes to our hotel.

I do hope that you return (we do have King Suites available in the main hotel). If I can personally assist you in anyway, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great holiday season,

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel in early October 2015. While it gets talked up as nice and comfortable, the reality falls short of the hype.

Granted, the hotel is old; however, I have stayed in many old hotels that have been reworked to feel fresh. Sadly, this is not one of them.

My room was "updated" with a few red walls to provide contrast, and ... well ... that's about it. Aside from the red paint, the room was pretty much as it probably was 50 years ago. The bath had no updating, the lighting was very poor, and the carpet was drab.

Good thing the door had a deadbolt because it would not stay closed otherwise.

I found the front desk personnel unfriendly, and totally non responsive to my request to not park the housekeeping cart outside my room. It was there both days of my stay. See attached photo.

All in all it was a disappointment; too bad, because it really does have great potential.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lou O

Dear Lou O:

We appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We certainly would love all of our guests to leave our property with very positive feedback and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would love to discuss this with you as we continuously upgrade our property. I do hope that you will give me a call and allow us the opportunity to turn this situation around.

Hoping to hear from you soon and wishing you a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

I visited Calistoga for the second time back in March. On my first visit about 15 years ago, I noticed this beautiful hotel and had a dinner at the restaurant (seemingly not the same ones that are independently operating now). This time, I decided to stay in this premise and found the inside of the hotel is much more chic and stylish than I expected. It is amazing that the hotel was built over 100 years ago. We were a group of three and our room was a connecting type. I love the bath room with amenities used in the Spa as well as the breakfast and the welcome bottle wine. Unfortunately, TV sets were not easy to use. We asked help but it did not work (as we are non-US travelers, it was difficult to use highly sophisticated TV service). Overall, I recommend this hotel for good location, romantic feel and amenities (restaurants).

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Great location, walked to everything. excellent customer service. Stayed in one of the cottages, enjoyed the private outdoor tub and patio, paint brushes and easel were a very nice touch and complimentary champagne. Staff was very helpful to make it a pleasant experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike r
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Mike:

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway at the Mount View Hotel & Spa. We appreciate you choosing our property and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

We really liked the interior design of this hotel and found the staff to be VERY friendly and helpful. The pool area is great and the town is charming! I like this town because it's a little more "real" than some of the other area towns that have slight ego problems. When we booked, only the less expensive priced rooms were available so we got a nice room, but it overlooked an overrun and unkept lot that was not great to look at....no mountain view here folks. So we opted to keep those blinds closed,and just opened out pool view blinds! The pool is cute and done in a Holllywood Regency kind of vibe.
P.S. We loved our concierge/wine expert who spent much time talking wine and helping us choose which vineyards to visit.

Room Tip: Don't overlook the lot next door!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annincardona

Dear Ann:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Mount View Hotel & Spa. I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Wishing you all the best,