“Wow the best Asian cuisine”
Review of Mingalaba

Mingalaba
Ranked #4 of 186 Restaurants in Burlingame
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2018

This was the best Asian cuisine restaurant I've been to recently, maybe ever. There is so much mediocre, greasy Asian food around that is just not interesting. Mingalaba is nothing like that. The vegetarian egg rolls were crisp and refreshing. The Burmese style noodles were flavorful, complex, and engaging. The restaurant is small and doesn't take reservations, so it was not surprising that there was a bit of a wait for a table. Take the wait, it's worth it. Service was attentive and hardworking though a bit uneven (the table next to me arrived much later and got served much sooner), but I can overlook that for the food. Also, prices are very reasonable. Dinner, a drink, tax, and tip came to $32 which is great for the quality of food. I was just visiting overnight for a flight out of SFO next morning, but I will eat here again on my next SFO trip.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is hard to rate the Burmese restaurant, as I know nothing about Burmese cuisine. The atmosphere and decor met my expectations. This place looks exactly how I imagine Burmese culture and ornaments. Even the cutlery looks very oriental. Silence prevails in the air, like in a Buddhist temple. The service is quiet too and very courteous. I like their meat dishes. Beef was always tender, properly seasoned as the flavor was not too strong. Both beef dishes I tried were very similar to each other, though. However, eating their famous Tea Leaf Salad (Lap Pat Dok) left mixed feelings. It looked very original, the dish was authentic and freshly prepared but I had a problem with chewing all those dry ingredients. I assume it was prepared according to the Burmese cuisine requirements. Tampo Rice with exotic spicing was delicious, not overcooked and very aromatic. Some items in the menu are marked as “Burmese special”. It makes the overall experience even better. I am very pleased with my two visits at Mingalaba. It was a truly authentic Burmese journey, even if some dishes tasted better than others. Well compiled menu.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Everything I have had here is excellent! Saffron rice, pumpkin yellow chicken and coconut chicken soup are must order items. The flavors are really complex in everything and it seems to be very authentic. Very popular place, Try and make reservations. Takeout is always high quality.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

The tea leaf salad is a colorful presentation and they mix it for you before you can have a taste of Burma. If Burmese isn't your thing, they also have Chinese. There are vegetarian dishes too.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Great service and exceptional food. The mixed grains salad so good. Shrimp dish superb!! Made a believer out of me.