“Savory goodness, sweet treats”

Porto's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 11 Quick Bites in Burbank
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cuban, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2017

There is a small parking lot behind the building but quite limited. We were able to find street parking easy enough during the day. This location has a homey feel. Two lines are available, similar to its other locations. Very organized and orderly, the wait time goes by quickly. Once called to the counter by one of the workers, we asked for the famous potato balls and a taste of a sweet treat (a dulce de leche cookie is a must try!) but the sandwiches, we order with the cashier. We got a buzzer that had a number on it, with it we were able to go to the sitting area towards the back and got seated since we had ordered. While waiting, enjoyed the potato balls and enjoyed the natural lighting spreading sunshine throughout the room from the sunroof. Also took in the views of the beautiful painted murals on the walls depicting different elements of the bakery and cafe. The food was brought out to us and it was delicious as usual! My husband got the cuban sandwich and I got the vegetarian sandwich with fried eggplant and layers of vegetables and it was delicious on slices of grain bread! Both sandwiches with a side of plantain chips and they were a great crunchy accompaniment.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I was here in the middle of weekday (12.30 p.m.), lines started on the street.

Fortunately, they have 4 different lines: to buy and eat in their cafe, just to buy pastries (these are two the biggest lines), to pick up pre-order, the final one - to buy the whole cakes.
I was very lucky that I needed the whole cake only, so my line consisted of only 2 people. This line is hard to find because of crowd, it is next to the "pick up pre-order" line.

The variety of cakes and pastry is good, but not fantastic, just as in any other decent bakery. Prices are a little higher comparing to other similar places. Our cake was tasty and fresh but that's all, it wasn't awesome or extraordinary.
Parking is horrible - it's hard to find a spot nearby, only in 5-10 min walking distance.

So my conclusion - you can try something here for once, but definitely it's not worth waiting in these huge lines.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We're taking an early flight out of KBUR tomorrow, and are staying at a nearby hotel. With a hankering for dessert, we found Porto 's. (we actually know these blocks around here since we've bought bicycles down the street at Bicycle John's.)

A half-hour before closing on a Saturday night, the place was packed with a long, slow moving line. But we finally ordered our coconut macaroons, as well as some pastries for breakfast. Four items, plus a decaf coffee, totaled less than $8. Good dessert, but don't get in a hurry.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We went early on a Sunday morning and just beat the long lines. My husband and daughter had muffins and I'm gluten free so I had flan. AS this is a bakery, there is obviously not many gluten free selections, but they also make other breakfast foods (eggs, etc) that might work for a person who is gluten free. I was in a hurry and didn't take the time for a full breakfast, but my daughter gives it high marks. The orange juice is freshly squeezed when you order and delicious. The lines got long but they moved quickly.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Fantastic pastries and desserts for the very reasonable prices. Stay away during the peak times of lunch and around 5pm. The line can go around the building to the car park.
The servers are amazing and patient and have not gotten an order wrong or anything missing yet. Our server Isis smiled throughout our entire ordering ordeal.