All reviews large shopping center fire pit burbank airport olive garden nordstrom rack stores and restaurants krispy kreme breakfast and dinner free parking universal studios business trip pool and hot tub location is great fast food up to date bed was comfortable nice stay
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here January 2012. Late review post.
I am a hotel snob when it comes to cleanliness. This hotel exceeded my cleanliness expectations! Rooms are wonderfully updated and quiet, lobby is beautiful, front desk help nicest around, bar serves Starbucks, location is great as it is close walking proximity to nice restaurants and shops. Area is very safe. I would travel more if all hotels were this nice!!! Pricing is good too! Close to Universal Studios.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Karin N,

Wow....January 2012? Thank you for taking the time to write a review after such a long period! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future if your travels ever bring you to Burbank!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The only reason I did not give the 5th star is because there is no breakfast buffet included. This is a real demerit since I have a family and it's so great staying in a place where we can grab breakfast before heading out.
We reserved 2 rooms. They did not give us anything adjoining. Best they could do was same floor. When we got into 241, it was right off the elevator, it smelled totally like cigarette smoke. I requested another room. The second room they provided was literally at the furthest end of the hotel from the other room. If the hotel is shaped like a U, the rooms were at the points of the U. That was not convenient at all.
Pluses:
rooms were clean (after the cigarette room)
there is a shopping center right by the hotel - you can walk to REI, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Target and lots of eateries including Starbucks.

Cons:
No breakfast included
Parking should be free but is now $10/day

Observations:
There are many folks who seem like they are trying to be contestants on singing shows? They walk around with guitars and sing in the hallways. On my long treks between rooms, I passed many singing voices coming out of rooms. Luckily, we were not placed next to a "singer's room".

We went on this trip in order to visit Universal Studios. It was a very easy drive to some great 5star Yelp! restaurants within 6 miles.

We ended up Ubering to Universal to avoid paying $25-50 in parking fees.

Room Tip: The room on the 2nd floor right off the elevator had a smoker in it!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Robin W,

Thank you for the review! It sounds like our location was perfect for your trip! I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members to ensure we are always providing the best experience possible. We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We stay at Courtyards regularly due to my partner’s business travel. This one squeaks by the usual standards. The enhanced WiFi wasn’t working and the 1-800 we were given by the desk informed us that there were network problems. The available WiFi was so slow, we couldn’t download google maps! The a/c didn’t work consistently and the place is generally a bit dingy. The best thing going for it is its airport proximity which was much appreciated at 530 am!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear RockyMtnsMnM,

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some problems with our WiFi. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure this was an isolated incident. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Burbank.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Although this hotel is on the high end, price wise, it is worth every penny. Service is excellent and all rooms/areas are very clean and accommodating. Very close to the Burbank airport and other attractions. We highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear martsmart70,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property! We are glad to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Burbank!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Typical Marriott Courtyard amenities are found here, and the access to the Hollywood Airport is great--probably less than a five-minute drive away. We were not bothered by flight noise while we slept, but were aware of nearby planes and trains during the day. There was a pool and hot tub, which were easily accessed and clean. (The sign at the pool about those with "diarrhea" was a disturbing first, though--does there really need to be a sign?). Only two real complaints about our experience: the elevator seemed to be on its last leg. Every time we accessed it, it groaned as if it was in pain and always emitted the odor of burning metal. Burbank, it might be time for an inspection. After a few trips, we opted for the stairs most of the time. Our most important night of our three-night stay and the reason for our trip to Burbank was the night before we attended an early funeral. For some reason, that was the only time we experienced A/C trouble. We got hot during the night and didn't sleep. We had to wake up very early to get ready for the day's events, and were sweating as we got ready. I called the front desk for service, and someone named "Miracle" said it was simply too warm because it was the City of Burbank overriding the temperature controls. While that sounded in keeping with California's over-regulating tendencies, it did not justify the "F0" error code displaying on the wall unit. Miracle ignored that and told me to give it five minutes. When I called back ten minutes later, no one answered the front desk phone. Meanwhile, we continue to perspire as we donned our funeral clothes. I tried calling again, and two technicians and 30 minutes later the unit had been fixed just as we were ready to leave for the mass and long drive to the burial. The initial response to my request was very unsatisfying and atypical for Marriott service, in my experience. I felt as though the bill should have been adjusted to accommodate the one night of lost sleep due to the temperature, but no such effort was made during this bereavement trip. Be aware: there is also a $10 nightly fee for parking a car. I didn't notice that when I made my online reservations.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
James F, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear bohemian81,

Thank you for the review. I have shared your comments with the appropriate department leaders to ensure we are always providing the best customer experience possible. We appreciate the feedback and we thank you for staying with us during your travels.

Best Regards,