“Kids liked it”

Sup
Ranked #91 of 264 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Dinner for four. Have been following Sup on Instagram and wanted to give it a try. Shaken fries, 3 pho and 1 fried rice. It was all good. Fries were unnecessary as the pho is philling but I’m glad we got them nonethe less. Mrs. Dghreen96 tried her pho Shaken style and fount it a little greasy (as advertised). All in all, quite a delicious meal. Would do it again. A more traditional pho restaurant is going to have a more broad menu...but we’re Irish/German/English/ Swedes. What do we know?

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Have you ever had the best pho you'd ever had in your life? For me, Súp Noodle Bar is that place. Their modern, hip ambiance is cool and makes it unique from most pho spots, but what makes this place special is their family recipe, Northern Vietnamese pho with tender filet minon, flat noodles, nicely seasoned broth with marrow is one of, if not the best pho I've ever had. If you'd had better, please, tell me more... From the moment I had this stuff during their grand opening, I knew I'd have to be waiting in line for it in the future; and recently (picked some up to go - better to enjoy it sitdown though) with a line out the door and sign in wait list, I found out, I was right.

Note:
- Place is small so prepare to wait or eat at the bar
- Pho is 5 stars and is all you need to order
- Also try their green tea cream brulee. TDF. (I always lick the plate. 5 stars too)
- Owner is awesome

Reviewed 27 June 2015

It was an awful experience and waste of money for our family. The soups were one of the worst we've had. Yikes!

2  Thank Mi H
Reviewed 28 March 2015

This is a cool place featuring excellent pho. The broth is the best you'll ever have. And the restauarant and recipes are the chef's tribute to his uncle and his memories growing up with this food. The feature item is shaken pho bac, filet mignon. The meat quality is consistently first-rate, and the only drawback is the short list of beverages. Another easy to make mistake is overdoing it on the wonderful and flavorful appetizers, leaving hardly any room for the noodles. Don't be put off by the hipster factor. There are plenty of little families and seniors who can spot a good meal when they see it. Parking sucks; be strong.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

TIP: The parking lot is shared with a supermarket and many other businesses and restaurants, so the number of 2 hour parking spaces are limited. Remember not to park in a 20 minute or 30 minutes space since this is not enough time for you to get your grub. Try to arrive early to find a parking space.

NOTE: The pho here is around $10, slightly more expensive than your average pho.

We came for a weekday lunch. We started with the shaken house fries with sous vide egg, then ordered combo dac biet, shaken pho bac with lamb, lemon grass curry with fried tofu, and finished off with matcha creme brulee. Share the shaken fries since it is gigantic. They were shoestring fries with steak, cheese, and thousand island dressing on it. If you like poutine, give this a try. It is extremely flavorful and comfort food at its best. I guess I am not into poached eggs; I will skip sous vide egg next time and save myself $1.50.

The combo dac biet is traditional pho with brisket, meatballs, tripe, thin noodles in beef broth. This was tasty and what a good pho should taste like. The shaken pho bac is northern Vietnamese pho with wide flat noodles. You can choose what kind of meat you add: short rib, filet mignon, shrimp, soft tofu, fried tofu, top eye round, brisket, lamb, or chicken. They wok-sear your meat with bone marrow oil, garlic, and onions. I usually enjoy lamb so that was what I chose. However, I only enjoy my meat well done and the lamb in my pho came out medium rare, yuk! If you like your meat medium rare, you will be fine. The portions are large and we took home a large amount of leftovers.

The matcha creme brulee was subtle yet infused with tea flavor but not too sweet. It was a nice finish to a overall enjoyable meal. The service was attentive throughout. I look forward to returning. I think I will request for my meat to be well done next time though.

1  Thank Matthew J