“YOU'VE GOTTA TRY THE POTATO BALLS!”

Porto's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Buena Park
Reviewed 9 January 2018

You will spend about an hour to get your favorite treats here.... from the start of the line to get in line til you walk out the door ... it'll take you about an hour! We timed it! But it is definitely worth it. My family loves the cheese rolls, potato balls, meat pies, fruit tarts, lemon poppy, brioche, dulce de leche kiss, mango smoothie... I can keep going but this is all I remember for now. We had a great time here. Thank you Porto's!!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the area today to spend our Christmas together as a family. When we arrived at our hotel, we asked about the best locations to dine, we were told Porto’s.
The location was an easy walk from our hotel and we were definitely hungry after we landed. As diners visiting a completely new environment, it was totally chaotic, but the smell of the breads and pastries in the air kept us going. We stood in a turnstile behind an easy 100 other people waiting to place our order. We shuffled about at a loss, but were assisted by a regular who recommend the tiramisu.
We ordered lunch- 2 turkey croissants, 3 cubanos and a steak plate. All meals were served with plantains and the steak with rice and black beans. The food, service, and energy of the store was excellent.
After lunch we ordered the tiramisu and were happy to have had it recommended.
Already planning our next stop before our return home.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Took my friend to this Porto's for her first trip. We went around 11:30am on a Saturday and found parking right away. Already we knew we were blessed.

Got in the bakery line right away and it moved very quickly, I was surprised it wasn't busier at that time of day on a weekend but I was happy.

If you've never had Porto's, just go. Everything I have tried is magnificent and it doesn't matter what you order. And the prices are incredible.

I liked that this one was so big and well laid out. My friend and I split up, one of us got our coffees and the other the bakery items and then we were able to find a table outside right away. Not sure how long this location has been here but they have got it down to an art and the building itself looks great! They have a huge area where you can watch them assemble everything. The only other one I've been to is Burbank so this one looked like the Disneyland of Porto's compared to the other I'd been to.

There was ample parking here as well and just off the freeway, very easy to get to.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Let me first start off by saying I love Portos and the food is fantastic but not "more than 20 mins in line fantastic". The lines more super slow at this location due to the number of tourist at this location and everything being brand new to them. The best time to show up here is early morning or later in the day.

1  Thank heumanntouch
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

So sad we decided to visit Porto’s on the last day of our 5 day trip.
We drove past it everyday for 5 days, busy every time. Finally decided to visit our last morning there.
The atmosphere is very inviting, happy employees and great background music. Lots of seating, indoor and out.
We had the spicy potato balls, the guacamole and omelette on a croissant, the dulce leches kisses and purchased a quesadilla to bring to Nanas home.
All of our picks were amazing, we will definitely be back and have advised our Cali Fam to visit for sure.
We will be back soon!