“Great end to last day of wine touring”

The Hitching Post II
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hitching Post II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Buellton
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thumbelina
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Great grilled steaks. Friends shared their huge ribeye while I enjoyed the prime flat iron steak special. Reservations highly recommended. Only wish I had room for one of their yummy desserts.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Loved this place and the perfectly cooked steaks we had. Serving staff super polite and friendly, thoroughly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very, very nice steaks. I prefer the original Hitchin' Post in Casmalia, but this one is just about 98% as good. This one's more convenient, however, in it's location as we drive to Solvang because the kids love it there.

Great steaks - absolutely excellent. I think we all got steaks so I can't comment on the other foods.

For starters, everyone gets a nice little shrimp cocktail. There's also a little plate of vegetables and crackers/butter for the table as steakhouses in the Central Coast are wont to do. I personally love it. I get to snack on carrots, green onions and a few olives while I'm waiting.

My only downside was that I couldn't order a particular burger unless I was at the bar. Like, you have to sit at the bar to get it and they literally won't let you order it if you're at a table. Whatever. That would've been the 5th star.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We went in because of the Sideways movie. I think prices are high here just because of the movie. Steak was good but not exceptional, quail was good but small, of course. My friend had to get more food after his plate of two quails and a baked potato. Ambiance casual, western themed, and crowded even on a Wednesday night. My daughter had a shrimp cocktail of smaller shrimp. She thought it was good, though. They have a large wine selection, as one would expect.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Good service. Good help picking a wine. Quail very well done. Smoked duck a bit over smoked and not great quality duck. Salads and vegetables all good. Rustic setting

Date of visit: March 2018